TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

The best album of one of my favourite artists, like some probably wouldn’t be my no1 choice but it’s up there, so can’t complain with the result.

But this is the problem with polls. A camel is a horse designed by committee, and all that.

1 Like

It’s a worthy winner. Certainly one of the best albums of all time, not only for the music. Its influence is still felt today.
Personally, my best ever album changes four or five times a day.

A worthy winner , even if it isn’t my favourite Bowie album.

Best Bowie album was the Labyrinth soundtrack

David Bowie Nostalgia GIF

Tactical voting doesn’t work! :cry:

Suggestion for the next poll if @cynicaloldgit is still interested in doing these could be Best Film Score (Williams vs Zimmer). Start each round with each composors work going up against himself until each has 1 film score left then they go head 2 head

I’m too lazy to scroll… have we done the obvious one yet… best Liverpool player of all time?

To stop/limit recency bias, maybe an equal share of players by decade?

How are you defining greatest? Best? Greatest contribution? Longest serving? Most goals? Most awards? Best value? The list goes on. Best player I’ve seen in an LFC shirt is Suarez. But greatest? There’s a certain Scot who I suspect takes that crown.

That’s the beauty of such a poll/vote, everybody has differing means to define “the greatest”.

For some their primrary metric might be goals scored, for somebody else it may be appearances made, another may be on the side of pure natural ability… and so on.

That certain Scot will definitely be in the shake up, but might be interesting to see some of the battles.

Yeh, Billy Liddell.

1 Like

Nah, I think he means Stevie Nicol

After a bit of a break, nominations are now open for the film which is the most visually stunning of all time. Reopening this thread was due to @Quicksand ’s excellent recommendation of Poor Things; that’s one of my two nominations, together with Oliver Stone’s fantastic Alexander.

Please note that there is a limit of two nominations per person. Once we get to 32 (or 64, if we’re lucky), voting will start.

NB: if you’re someone who failed comprehension at school and nominates more than two films, only the first two posted will count.

1 Like

Well, seeing as Poor Things is already nominated…

1. Sin City. If ever a comic book came to life this was it.

2. O Brother Where Art Thou…you could almost taste the dust.

2 Likes

O Brother is a good call. The soundtrack, however, is even better.

Might have soundtracks as the next poll. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Forgive me I have never heard of ‘Poor Things’ :see_no_evil: I had to google it (for @cynicaloldgit )

My nominations are

1. The Lord of the Rings’ Trilogy
  2. Pan’s Labyrinth
2 Likes

Can’t i have all 3 ?

Edit: It is part of the same story

You are so flipping inflexible!!

ok The Fellowship of the Ring

1 Like

Maria, meet COG…

1 Like

Best film for visual?

1. Dune
    (the new one, sense of scale is epic)

2. Wizard of Oz
    (old school choice, sort of corny, but added colour and showed us a creative new world which for its time, was stunning visually)

2 Likes

Yes.