TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

Leave No Trace (2018) Probably better known for the leads performances however the scenery and lighting is fantastic. Set in Oregan I think.

Hunt For Wilderpeople (2016) Another with great scenery somewhere in New Zealand (some mention Bush, thought that was an Aussie thing).

The Man From Snowy River - some of the shots of the Victorian high country are just stunning

2 Likes

this a great call, imagine being a kid back in that period and seeing this movie…id love to get some first hand recollections of a small childs perspective going to see this in the cinemas as it was released

COG, can you ask your kids what it felt like?

1, Spirited Away

2, Koyaanisqatsi

2 Likes

Fify

Good call. Ghibli movies have stunning visualisation.

1 Like

In a similar vein, Somersault with depictions of the high country out of season.
Also think Talented Mr Ripley is visually a perfect representation of place.
Then Kubrick has to get mentioned: 2001 and Clockwork are both visual masterpieces; more recently Interstellar is probably the best ever visual representation of the sheer mind-blowing beauty that is space.

Okay, however maybe others will want to nominate my picks.

I believe @Kopstar wants my 3 and 4 pick and no doubt @Scott.Jones likes my 5 pick :wink::laughing:

They’re both dead.

And twats.

1 Like

What can I say, I share the taste of dead twats.

Dead Twats Society.
Great film, shit visuals.

1 Like

TLDR

:wink:

PS. My noms are Interstellar and Clockwork Orange. I’m sure @Kopstar and @Scott.Jones would want it this.way.

I’d like to nominate Cameron’s Titanic. The way how he brought to life that old ship again, and made us relive the catastrophe was visually stunning I’d say.

My second nomination is the very first Star Wars episode (thus episode 4, which is very logical, isn’t it…). When it came out , and I went to see it at a cinema, it was like being propelled into space. It certainly impressed me at the time, I was a small boy then. :wink:

1 Like

The Two Towers
Princess Mononoke

1 Like

Yeah, that one is great. :+1:

1 Like

The Last of the Mohicans is my favourite film ever. Adolescent nostalgia but still looks amazing.

Dune Part 2 in Imaxx looked and sounded incredible. Some proper ‘wow’ moments

:+1: others have already been nominated

updated. Tough one to cut HERO though. 20+ years ago it was stunning for its time.

2 Likes

Revenant backdrops are very similar to where I spend a lot of time fishing. Bow Valley is famous for it’s fishing in Alberta, lots of guides run that river. Squamish Valley I will be next month for a ball tournament, and will fish the Mamquam while I’m there.