TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

(Online) polls. Clearly.

That’s a great reply hope, and I agree but it could be argued that greek philosophy & religion was incorporated into the Roman empire ( certainly religion was ) and in regards to JC…yup same again I agree, but the holy Roman church took all his teachings and basically went on to fund wars and everything else in between.

JC’s teachings of how people should try and follow to the actual reality of the Roman church are miles apart, teachings are censored , religious texts are censored and the church in its continued form represents very little to the original teachings imo of what the church was/is …even though JC himself stated that we needed no church.

1 Like

I was thinking that myself while typing: someone develops something important in his/her little lab or on his/her little piano, or writes something important in his book, or develops the basis of a new religion with a few pals. Then his country gets invaded by a big empire (it inevitably happens at some point): if the new contribution is meaningful, the empire will eventually find out about it, incoprporate it, and then spread it far more efficiently throughout its vast boundaries.

1 Like

Er … No, I’m not.

Is my English that bad?

1 Like

Diplomacy, trade and ‘decent’ communication is much better for this.
More often than not ‘invasion’ causes cultural and technological annihilation.
Just look at the the bronze age where trade and exchange was rampant compared to the Iron age where the encounters where violent and regressive.
It would appear we are entering into another conflict era at this moment in time after a period of more open trade.
Also look at ‘all’ we have ‘forgotten’ that conquered ancient civilisations were capable of. Conquest is about imposing not exchanging!

Sorry, a mixup. There was another person called Legalalien in Japan or something.
Anyway, a huge part of the world’s population use chopsticks don’t they?

You can have freedom of speech without demacracy!
We’ll see what COG decides!

We’re all fuckwits.

4 Likes

You do realise there are people living in countries they aren’t from originally? I mean, sort of like yourself? :wink:

1 Like

Oh my god! I never thought of that. Now I need a lie down.

1 Like

Can you? Do you have any examples?

Yes

Diggers,
Anarcho societies
Certain collectivies and/or syndicates
… and others

But those can be democratic too.

1 Like

TAN is living proof that anything and everything can become a topic for discussion.

1 Like

Hmm, let’s talk about that…

1 Like

Some of them can yes.
What’s your point?
Apart from not liking that I answered your question?
:rofl:

Your getting ahead of yourself.

I think we need a poll to decide if we should talk about it or not

I actually want to know whether free speech and democracy are inseparable. You haven’t convinced me yet.

I’m taking my cue from Mo Salah. Since his new haircut/transplant he will be travelling faster than the rest himself.
We could discuss aerodynamics if you are prepared for that.

1 Like

I wanted you to answer my question. That’s why I asked it.

1 Like