TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

Surely you mean Wine with cheese?

1 Like

Birth control measures (condom, contraceptive pill). Imagine the current state of the world if those were not invented.

GPON. If not for this we’d still be stuck with DSL and not seen advanced technologies like robotic surgery etc.

1 Like

Still think they aren’t being used enough. Too many fuckwits around the world even now.

2 Likes

For clarity @cynicaloldgit
I rescind my “joke” candidates of Lucozade Zero and cockrings…

I present…

Cities

Man made, man designed to the betterment and growth of society. The mass movements of people to dedicated spaces, for industry, economy, politics and infrastructure has been the cornerstone of contemporary living. All of this whilst rural living continues to act as an alternative.

Law

Is a manmade construct based upon morals and teachings that can be disputed. Law changes over time, develops as society develops and is a fluid and flexible concept in different cultures.
The central premise is based upon “rules” that guide morals and ethics for centuries.
The most compelling feature of how societies behave today.

1 Like

I would imagine that the proportion of little Boris Johnson’s running around would a little lower. :grin:

Yeah but still, better have something rather than nothing.

Nominations are now closed.

We didn’t reach 64, so I am going to take out some of the dross and prepare the final thirty two.

And please don’t take it personally if I don’t include one, or both, of your nominations; remember, I hate you all equally.

3 Likes

The draw has been made; here’s the usual sneak preview while I type up the rest:

2 Likes

Should be wheely fun :slight_smile:

Some classic match ups there.

1 Like

Freedom of speech against animal husbandry. That’s a fucking PHD thesis.

2 Likes

Not to critisize @cynicaloldgit’s decisions, but is freedom of speach an invention or human comcept?

@cynicaloldgit

What’s the difference? If humans invent something isn’t that a human concept?
If humans invent a new word, like comcept, for example, is that an invention or a concept, or a comcept?
Who nose?

Is this talking bad about someone while you circumsize him?

Well there is no chance you will leave out butt plugs then.

Also wtf is a ‘difference machine’?

1 Like

An enormous calculator. Or, the world’s first computer.

2 Likes

Ok

@cynicaloldgit