TAN's Fantasy Football League 24/25 season - NOW OPEN! :O

I was planning on Solanke and Richarlison up top, but in light of recent events, I can’t go full Spursy. Harvey could be good value at 5.5. Carvalho, too, at 5.0., though I don’t see him starting vs Palace. Famous last words, but I don’t see Erling worth the 15.0.

1 Like

I can’t decide. Betting on Mo and Haaland and 13 other pretty average players… or… try without Mo&EH and spread funds all over the better players. I tried this last year and it didn’t work out.

Yeah, it definitely feels like you have to go one way or the other given the costs of Haaland and Mo. Personally I’ve gone for leaving them out and trying to spread the budget a bit more broadly.

Mo’s gonna be Mo against Ipswich, opening day, I’m sure. I’m mostly struggling with the GK. Currently riding with Little Arms.

I’ve had Elliott in my team since my first draft, doubting myself a bit now though seeing as he’s not starting today. Ideally he’d be .5m cheaper given he’s not nailed on to start games but is very likely to get a lot of sub minutes against tired legs.

Keeper I’ve gone Pickford and the Everton backup. Can just set them both and leave it for the season, Pickford will get a shit load of points again.

Hey, would like to ask if McAllister or Szlobo would be a better pick for midfield? Jota also looks tempting as he may start up front. Happy to hear other suggestions as well!

I put Jota in my team after today, looks really sharp and an absolute lock to start up front. Really hope he stays fit, could be a great asset this season.

Personally think Dom is better value, more likely to play higher up the pitch.

2 Likes

Haaland is outrageously priced. Imho, having Watkins and 2 better midfielders (Jota&Eze for example instead of two 5M players) should be a better choice. But knowing my luck in fantasy, the ugly fucker will score 22 goals while Jota & Eze will walk of injured. :roll_eyes::triumph:

3 Likes

I never pick our players so it should be easy but I am wondering.

1 Like

Righto, team done and pretty happy with it (no one look at my keeper)

I have the same

Only thing that I might change is my captain, but Watkins was highest points earner last season so am happy to start of with him as no one else jumps out as having a bankable Triple Catain round

Since you’ve revealed your first 11,who are your subs?

Leno, Andersen, Soucek and McGinn

Watkins as captain given he has played 0 minutes in pre season is certainly a tactic :wink:

1 Like

Why do u have Gallagher if CFC are trying to get rid of him? Plus he’s had zero pre-season so he’s not going to get game time this weekend.

Yeah, saw this morning that his proposed move to AM was in doubt, so have transfered him for Andreas Periera.

Same price and scored 2 less points overall last season, so the drop off is pretty much nothing.

I had Salah and Haaland but makes rest of team :poop:. Gonna drop Mo and have Jota+Diaz to cover him. Or maybe Jota+Szobo??

Have Trent also. Can’t believe all the so-called fans here that don’t have a Liverpool triple up :wink:

Got flagged for moderation for naming my team Tierney’s a Cunt

4 Likes