The attack - that's the answer

Your right that is strange, Cavani wants to be the main man and would upset our set up Stirling and/or Grelish would suit us better.
Cavani did his second fiddle act at PSG for years running up and down a wing doing what Mané does (he was good at it as well but not as good as Mané has become). You can see now he wants to be the chief of the orchestra and that would desatablise us imo.

1 Like

But Grealish is a cunt. If you’d still want him he wouldn’t get many games for us at the moment. 2 weeks on bench and he’d be making problems.

Just saying that someone like Cavani, Giroud, Dzeko but at the age of 32-34 would be a great addition to our squad.

Develop the game of the full backs to get to the by-line and cut the ball back into the middle…
Difficult to defend a constant stream of passes from such attacks because a simple touch or defenders deflection and it is a goal

I couldn’t comment on Dzeko however of the other 2 Giroud would be much the prefered. Cavani was a cunt as you put it at PSG and would not hesitate to be so again as I mentionned before. Only Giroud would be a ligitimate choice out of those 3 imo.
Grelish is still prepared to work hard that’s why he gets the nod from me.
I would have considered Rashford a few years ago but imo he’s become far too lazy and hasn’t progressed. Which is obviously why Manure are pushing him down the pecking order … and no I don’t think Klopp could revitalise him (Klopp hasn’t been able to get Origi on track so I would not expect him to get Rashford back on track).

1 Like

… but cut out those 2nd post crosses, low and hard and some long pot shots from Hendo and Salah! :wink:

1 Like

I think we are too predictable.
Plan 1 Full backs —-> cross——> score
Plan 2 defend setpiece—-> punt to salah or mane ——> score

Chelsea had 5 defenders and parked a mourihno sized bus for 45 mins. Plan 1 and 2 absolutely useless in this situation

You are almost right except plan one is

Full back - cross - over the bar

And plan 2 is

Defend set piece - punt to Salah and mane - waste a golden chance

1 Like

You have to wonder why we’re paying Origi and Minamino’s wages if they aren’t good enough to play when we’re chasing a game.
We definitely need someone who is A, good enough, and B, offers something different.
We are too predictable.

1 Like

Both offer something different however Klopp seems reluctant to use them

Which suggests that they aren’t good enough

2 Likes

We have 7 attackers
Mo Bobby mane jota Minamino Origi Ox

We usually start with 3 and can make 3 subs.

1 sub was made out of necessity

Thiago was brought on to bring creativity as was Tsimikas

I agree with you however there are only so many changes he can make

In theory we have 7. In practice we have 4.
If one is injured and one is off form we are fucked.

4 Likes

I don’t think they were I think it was for fresh legs.
Tactically they were the wrong subs, for creativity it should have been Keita for Fabs. Robbo for Tsimikas was unavoidable but came at least 10 mins too late.
We shot from distance I think 4 times we should have shot more often imo yet our passing to the center was to pedestrian. There’s more than one thing to fix when you get bogged down.
I reckon Klopp thought better 1 point than none looking at the subs he made!

2 Likes

Possibly and I don’t say that’s a bad mentality.

They were there for the taking but fact of the matter is they had 2 of the best chances in the second half - even though they were down to 10.

By the way - Lukaku - 97million - fuck off

1 Like

I so wanted Millie in the fray at the start just to hit the dick and hassle him.
My biggest dissappointment in the match was none of our players even hassled him and that was an enormous error. It’s like we had concentrated on the fat lump too much during the week. Matip looked really nervous (and out of character) up against him.
Anyway that’s for another time (next time we play them).

1 Like

I thought we managed him well without really nailing the fucker.

Chelsea striker. ex Everton, Ex United and he comes to Anfield and doesn’t get nailed once

Rare

I thought he was ripping Matip a new one (at least on occassions but that’s the feeling that sticks in my mind).

He won a few battles but I’m not that bothered about the battles 30-40 yards from goal.

VVD and Matip both relate with him well IMO

I never got that feeling at all.

Lukaku was on the pitch? VvD had 100% success rate on ground and aerial duels and as many shots on target as Lukaku did. I’d say big, scary, impossible-to-deal-with Lukaku was comfortably dealt with.

5 Likes