The Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs (Part 2)

The infinite goalkeepers carousel continues.

I’m not too bothered added to the fact he’s getting even more erratic, plus he’s going have surgery I guess now.

That’s why he was 7.5m

Seriously, how is this even allowed?!?

2 Likes

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/49955946/cole-palmer-temporarily-suspended-twitch-streaming-ea-fc-27-early-unban-pls

2 Likes

Well it means we’ll have to think about a new thread title…

Edit: done. :wink:

1 Like

For a few years now Boehly had been marginalized in terms of operational decision making by the Eghbali lead Clearlake group. It’s been bizarre how central his name was still was to the way people spoke about this ownership group.

1 Like

There is a deep urge to personalize in English football culture. Clubs need to be owned by a person, and managed in their entirety by another. Clearlake is faceless, Boehly was an obvious figure. It is just an extension of how the press refers to a ‘Slot transfer’, rather than the more complicated corporate decision-making process that was actually used.

3 Likes

I kind of agree, but if that was all it was people could easily have used Eghbali who was far more personally involved in Boehly was.

1 Like

But he was a cipher, that did not provide ready comparative stories to the Dodgers, etc.

No one will ever go broke underestimating the sheer laziness of journalists.

2 Likes

The bottle jobs bottles it against Brentford too.

1 Like

They’re so “spursy”.

1 Like

How does this saying even work? Surely if you’re betting on the laziness of journalists it’d be overestimating rather than underestimating?

https://www.reddit.com/r/lotr/comments/1h8k2uu/i_love_bilbos_birthday_speech/#lightbox

Logically, I think it is similar to the weird ‘I could care less’

3 Likes

Except that the original phrase is actually “couldn’t care less” - misheard and repeated to the point people think “could care less” is the phrase.

Interesting (in a James Milner way):
https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/could-couldnt-care-less

3 Likes

I think @Lynch04 was threatening to set up a thread for this kind of thing.

3 Likes

Well, I hate to be the bear of bad news, but it’s a doggy dog world and the statue of limitations has passed for that.

7 Likes

I would be cloud 69 if we got that thread up and running though

2 Likes

Well, irregardless we should not have it in the Chelsea thread

5 Likes

Unless Chelsea is her name?