The Central Midfield Thread

He did offer an outlet as none of our other midfielders were coping with the press, but for me he was still too deep and that comes down to our play from them back, which isn’t good enough against an agressive press

He was too deep because that’s where he wants to play.

Against Fulham he did the exact same thing. Nunez came off the bench and was instantly 20 yards further up the pitch. It’s very much a problem with the individual. He needs to adapt.

1 Like

If it isn’t what he is being asked to do then he will be dropped! but without Thiago there isn’t anyone who can play the pass through the lines to bring him in to play and for me that is what he is trying to get involved with the build up as an outlet and as I said if Klopp isn’t happy with him there he will let him know.

I have said for years that Bobby’s work is best done intheir final 3rd link play with intricate 1 - 2’s

B…b…b…but “if the right player is available at the right time, we’ll try and get him guys”

A bit Touché mate. :grin:

SSN reporting Chelsea may let Connor Gallagher leave - I’d have him

1 Like

Added bonus would be not letting Everton have him

1 Like

I kinda want Chelsea to splash £60m on that diving cunt Gordon though. Frank’s apparently looking at Che Adams from Saints - Franks hardly inspiring!

Chelsea have to be mad to pay £60M for Gordon

whilst letting Callum O-D and Gallagher leave - totally off their heads. They’re also looking at Auba coming back. Cucurella and Sterling are decent enough signings though. Koulibaly was found out last weekend!

1 Like

Who is their sporting director again? Oh yeah.

1 Like

How much do they want for him?

At this point my move would be Ismailia Sarr for around £20m (a player that we almost bought for £40m a couple of years ago, only for Watford to baulk at a structured deal) and I’d tell Bobby that he can be a midfielder, since he seems to want to play all his fucking football there.

Not really clear - Newcastle want to loan him, other rumours are £35m and West Ham and Crystal Palace interested. Conor’s a Chelsea youth product, and read he ideally wants to stay in London - so Palace prob in the best position.

I’m more interested in the finding a midfielder that is robust, than another winger, albeit £20m for Sarr is a half decent price. But if the club wanted another winger, he’d be here already. Attack wise, we have 2 games without Darwin to go, then Jota is due back mid-end Sept.

1 Like

I have to agree. But this is something I just don’t understand about the way we work.

We came very, very close to signing Sarr two years ago. According to some reports the reason we opted for Jota was because Wolves were willing to let us structure the deal more favourably. Given we have already presumably done all our diligence on him and like what we see, we the fuck wouldn’t we be all over him at half the price? I just don’t get it.

You could do Sarr and Tielemans (loads of people seem to like him - I’m not a fan) for £40m

There is no way Gallagher comes here, he wants gametime. This is the crux of any signing, they know when fit Thiago is ahead of them, so whilst he is injured he is still available over 50% of the time.

1 Like

I was keen on him for £40m. Remember him destroying us. Has he not moved to Villa though?

At this point I’m sure he would get it.

2 Likes

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

2 Likes

Nope. Still at Watford.

I don’t think he’s the right player for us. I’d not be unhappy if he joined, but I’d not be tap dancing.

2 Likes