The Central Midfield Thread

Blink and you’ll miss it - just like with half of our midfielders…

2 Likes

Completely missed PSG signing Carlos Soler.

That I agree. Every single one of the trio is one or two tiers above Henderson.

Don’t get too carried away.

It is worth noting that the former Independiente del Valle man also still follows a number of his Brighton teammates, as well as players from Manchester United and Real Madrid. Caicedo previously spoke of his fondness for United before joining Brighton midway through the 2020-21 season.

Of course, he could be our Plan B when Bellingham signs a pre-contract deal with RM.

Mercenary bastard :sob:
Never liked or wanted him anyway.

New Zealand Asone GIF by Football Federation Australia
Welcome Caceido always loved him

1 Like

I do think Firmino gave us something today in the middle. Whether he is rotated between the two positions or whether he stays up top, I think Klopp is considering it. I also wonder how important it could be against low block sides. It left us short on the counter at times but if you’ve only got 2 players countering it should work.

I think it was one of the more successful ideas today.

2 Likes

Cartoon Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Saw that Nunes new guy in Wolves… Seems like he can be what we’ve been crying out for in a CM… Unfortunate we either missed him or he doesn’t want us…

Or the third possibility, we didn’t want him?

4 Likes

I can just imagine the response…

Oh Julian Ward is too reliant on Portugal….

In what alternative reality would he have gone to Wolves over us if given a choice?

2 Likes

We need at least two midfielders before the start of next season.

1 Like

I always wanted an Argentinian :blush:

:star_struck: :heart_eyes:

Oh. I always thought he is 34 years old not 24. Slow as Milner.

1 Like

And if we’re going to spend the £100m odd on Bellingham that is being talked about then whoever else we’re targeting is going to need to be pretty low cost or a bosman because we’ve not got many to sell to raise much in the way of funds.

In terms of expiring contracts there are the likes of the following in that typical age range we shop in:

Gavi (would be lovely but doubtful)
Youri Tielemans
Douglas Luiz
Konrad Laimer (sounds like he’s off to Bayern already)
Houssem Aouar

And with one year left next summer currently;

Declan Rice
Wilf Ndidi
Ruben Neves
Ismael Bennacer
Florian Neuhaus
Youssef Fofana (Tchouameni’s partner at Monaco)
Sander Berge :neutral_face:

A few different options about and a season for others to emerge but we’ll certainly need more than just Bellingham next summer.

1 Like

The smart one, with a trusting coach, under whom he gets playing time, and groomed become a star, rather than sit on bench as part of a rotation. Its a good move for him.

The same reality where not too long ago, our very own Stevie G stayed on this club where he can continue being a star.

If we wanted him, and he was good enough, he’d have got all of that here.

No idea what you mean with the Stevie bit

1 Like

so naughty new girl GIF

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Elliott, Jones, Arthur and hopefully Bellingham for next season.

Contract, fee and terms of payment for Arthur already agreed so he now needs to make his loan spell work and we will trigger the clause.

Still don’t really know the player and wonder what Klopp sees in him and I bet and hope it’s something similar Klopp saw in Gini at Newcastle.

Need one more in for me. Even if Arthur works out, Hendo and Thiago a year older, and a bit injury prone, and Fabinho as quick as a 20 year old lorry, would like to see a young, athletic mid that can sit deeper, and begin bedding in.

Perhaps time to splash a little cash, and make a move for Caicedo in January?