The Eredivisie Thread

Bosh….:joy:

There isn’t a Belgian football thread so putting it here - what has happened at Bruges? I only found out yesterday that their manager is Scott Parker, who was appointed at the end of last year after the manager who got them into the KO round of the CL for the first time ever was let go.

12pts from 10 and a complete spanking from Benfica.

There form over 15 games is 18pts and yet shoots up before that.

Seems he carried on his Bournemouth form.

Yeah, he’s done poorly. My question was more how do you fire a manager after that navigating the group stage in the CL like that. You’d think he’d be given the keys to the city rather than fired before he can play their first even KO game.

Looks like results were poor domestically, 12 points behind Genk and eliminated from the cup. But yeah, it’s a strange decision. He’d played for the club, then worked in their youth set-up, then assistant, so you’d think he’d have received some grace, only being in the job six months.
Plus they were in a group with Porto, Atleti and Leverkusen. It’s not as if he lucked out of a weak group.

Oh you mean the previous guy, I don’t know. Meanwhile Parker seems just completely the wrong choice, you’ve got to sometimes just cut that.

1 Like

The Netherlands and Belgium may been called the lowlands but I can assure you we are absolutely not the same.

Belgiums are much nicer people … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe next season we can have a shit leagues no one watches and can only access via Mola thread.

Scottish football can go in there.

1 Like

Santi Giménez has scored six in his last seven.

I hope he stays in Rotterdam a couple more years, but he’d be ideal for Lopetegui.

Fantastic battle for top places in the Eredivisie.

1 Like

Fun game. Feyenoord six clear with the easier run in.

Klassieker has kicked off. Klaassen has a gash on his head from something thrown from the crowd. The teams have left the pitch.

Arjen Robben completed the Rotterdam marathon in 2 hours, 58 minutes.

Pretty impressive considering the amount of time he presumably spent rolling around on the floor waving imaginary cards.

1 Like

That’s good. 3 hours is a pretty serious milestone.

Impressive because Milner didn’t take part…

Congrats to Feyenoord. Terrific season. Hopefully the band stays together for a run in the Champions League next season, but I fear there’s a raid coming.

Who are the key players it was built on? Most of the outside focus, as is normal, has been on the young players are Ajax and PSV. I know the Timber lad who has been linked to big clubs has a brother who plays there who is supposed to be good as well but I dont know I could name another player there likely to get snapped up.

Santi Giménez is the one who’d bring in the most dinero. He was easing in during the first half of the season, but he’s scored 15 in his last 16 games.

Kökçü is probably the next on the list, and there’s murmurings about Danilo, Paixão and Geertruida. Bijlow is a good young(ish) keeper supposedly earmarked to be the Netherlands #1 long-term, but his injury record might deter any potential big money bids.

Really, there’s only three regulars in the team 25 or over. Perhaps the bigger concern is Arne Slot getting poached by a Spurs/Leeds.

I noticed Gakpo is the 17th top scorer still :wink: