The European Union

Oh, and…

3 Likes

More good news…

They arrested some Russian/Ukranian guy from the Donbas last week in Paris. They caught him with explosives.

1 Like

Voted earlier today. 34 parties to choose from. Marxists, animal lovers, pensioners and vegans among them.

3 Likes

38 parties here ! Unfortunately , post-Brexit I no longer retain any voting rights. Decent turn out here in France though , hovering around 50% so far.

2 Likes

My wife voted earlier. I’m not allowed to anymore. I noticed this banner over the church next to the voting station.

2 Likes

This time I voted by postal vote.

2 Likes

For some reason I had to go to an ice rink to vote.

3 Likes

I hope you didn’t slip up!

2 Likes

The voting booths weren’t actually on ice. Imagine my disappointment.

7 Likes

“Voting Boothes On Ice” sounds like an ITV bank holiday entertainment extravaganza from the 1970s.

6 Likes

Any opinions on the Volt Party? I see they have equalled Die Linke, although the left vote has been split by Wagenknecht.

It’s the Green Party No2, for those who like the Greens, but don’t like the reality of politics/government and think of themselves as hipper.

2 Likes

Sounds like me!

2 Likes

Far-right parties either first or second in 18 out of 27 countries. Macron has just declared snap elections, which he’s sure to lose to Le Pen. For the first time since the Second World War a far-right party is second in Germany.

Everything is going to shit.

6 Likes

Macron has called parliamentary elections. He will remain President (presumably) for the next three years.

1 Like

Hmm. I wonder if we’re finally seeing a Brexit benefit here? First to be through the far right shit storm

2 Likes

As for Germany - to put it into perspective, AfD only got 16%. East Germany results are completely bonkers, but that’s unfortunately not surprising. Worrying is the youth vote imo.

6 Likes

AFD beating SPD isn’t good, whatever you think about Scholz. CDU firm at around 30%. Probably won’t ever change much. Greens not great after having to deal with the realities of government. FDP what a wank.

1 Like