The Great TANdabidozi Pub Quiz

It’s been answered above.

Ethiopia is incorrect as it was occupied by Mussolini during WWII

Liberia?

Schitts Creek Win GIF by CBC

Dutch will probably confirm this, but looks like you are up @Iftikhar
Ps… No questions on Flags :rofl:

Season not quite started so let’s have a few more. Heard this one yesterday, love it.

What links Liverpool FC with Isambard Kingdom Brunel? If anybody can guess this and get it right I’ll be stunned. You know it or you don’t.

Very good… If it is what I’m thinking, then… anyone wanting to cheat for the answer, look at post 665 in the Anfield & Kirkby thread - June 10th - :0)

You just had to flag that post didn’t you…

1 Like

I do. I’m sure that it’s alluded to on one of the LFCTV snippets that they have between programmes? :nerd_face:

Since the answer to the last question has been given away (shame shame), I will get us going with another…

From which Roman province did Hadrian source the granite columns of the Pantheon?

Answers in ancient Latin, please.

I have no idea what the fuck Egypt is in Ancient Latin? Aegyptus?

Correct!

@wyld.at.hrt is up!

In keeping with the ancient theme. While not one of his most notable battles, Alexander performed a nonetheless notable feat in pinning a nomad army, one or more of the Scythian cultures, to a conclusive battle whereas normally they would simply retreat into the steppe. Known as the Battle of Jaxartes, where is it’s preset day location?

Clue : I realised this is a bit of a stinker as I posted it as it has been noted that it straddles the border of a few Central Asian countries. The correct answer will be noted as any one of the four.

Steppe I think is a clue, so I would guess Mongolia

A long way off geographically but in the context of the clue above… close.

Just googled it, so won’t throw out any more names, but 1 of the correct answers was a name I was thinking of before opting for Mongolia. Was a 50/50 choice

1 Like

Uzbekistan / Tajgekistan territory? Was listening to Alexander the Great’s life story yesterday, what a coincidence :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ferghana?

Correct, you’re up.

Well then, let’s have an easy historical one. Pegasus was the famed winged horse in Greek Mythology but who tamed / rode him?