The Great TANtatsic Pub Quiz

No, you picked up on the clue, persevered, and finally worked it out. :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one of the best films ever made, but which - ostensibly linked - movie beat it to the Best Picture award at the 1969 Oscars?

1 Like

The Great Gatsby

1 Like

Nope… came out in 1974 apparently.

2 Likes

OK, going to throw one out there and hope!

The Sting? (same leads?)

2 Likes

Nope, again was in the 70s that one.

2 Likes

Get your own approach!!!

2 Likes

Neither of us are atychiphobics?!

Ha, managed to get that the wrong way round first up - solid proof of the diagnosis.

2 Likes

First hint… just like BC&TSK it has two male leads, but unlike it both are still active today.

One of the leads was also nominated two years previously, and the other would be nominated three years later, both roles arguably being the ones those actors are most famous for.

1 Like

Any other takers?

1 Like

Another hint? One of the leads is highly thought of, the other - who is also the father of a famous actress - appears to have gone mad and been a bit of an embarrassment in recent times.

1 Like

I had to Google it. Great film.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s great. I’d be surprised if anyone hasn’t heard of it.

2 Likes

I googled it too and I’ve definitely heard of it (not sure if I’ve seen it though). You should leave it open for an answer until after lunch though at least, there may be some film buffs who have not yet had the chance to log in today!

2 Likes

Yeah, will do. I think there should be enough hints for people to get it.

2 Likes

ZB, did you mean the 1970 Oscars?

2 Likes

Not according to the list I was looking at :thinking:

Weird, if I google the film/s in question it is 1970, if I google academy awards best picture it says 1969 :expressionless:

Either way, both agree it was the 42nd Academy Awards, if that helps! :joy:

These are the links I used so people can check my working:

1 Like

Definitely 1970

2 Likes

It’s always lunch time some where in the world :wink:

@ZinedineBiscan @cynicaloldgit @SBYM @Lowton_Red the name, if you please :sunglasses: