Those jammy fuckers down the M62

“Git”

You called?

3 Likes

I think I was at that game :joy:

Ah but the way he says it is get. Northern pronunciation.

At 38sec he calls Cambell the referee a ‘Dickead’ :joy:

Ah, the days of free speech eh

They already bought Antony, so had a donkey from last summer

No we actually say git, get is when you are getting something

Thanks for patronising me, the pronunciation leads it more to “get”, I know he means git but it’s the Castleford accent, I used get as means to convey the sound because that’s the tone used.

I am well aware of northern accents considering I’m from Lancashire.

2 Likes

Wow touchy, I wasn’t patronising just pointing out that us Northerners in certain phrases pronounce it as git, get isn’t always pronounced as git

Having grown up in Castleford, I always understood ‘get’ to be a distinct term from ‘git’. ‘Git’ was almost used as a term of endearment. As in ‘Come here, and give us a cuddle, you little git’.

Very unlike ‘he’s a nasty fucking get, he is’.

2 Likes

If it works on the same lines as Manchester and areas around it’s a specific term my mum will say he is a “right nasty get” so that’s how I’ve always seen it.

It probably is the same word as git but that’s language and linguistics for you, pronunciation changes across the country, never really used that side of the degree since I left University bar for campaigning.

2 Likes

Ahem, it’ pronounced “Lancasheer”. :wink::nerd_face:

Goldbridge bringing a smile back to my face after yesterday. Red he isn’t having followed by a handball penalty not given. Bliss.

1 Like

Is that CGI? St. Marcus never dives.

1 Like

Let me guess, no yellow?

3 Likes

Wow…

They did not score…

3 Likes

I’m sort of baffled about Southampton’s defence.

how? In that they actually have one?

Well where is it? Usually one guy is in shot.