The Middle East Thread

Twice this week.

Its crazy in a world of enhanced logistics there seems to be lots of accidents :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wasn’t it stuck before when some amongst the Palestinans decided to make away with that aid ? As in steal it ?

Nikki Haley writes ‘finish them’ on IDF artillery shells during Israel visit

Biden/Democrats tried to woo her supporters, let that sink in :laughing:

320m usd spent on that ?

Who’s doing the costings?

2 Likes

:laughing:

If the alternative wasn’t Donald Trump , I’d be thinking that Biden and his administration deserve to lose this election because of the way they have allowed Netanyahu and Israel to yank them around over this conflict. Remind me , who’s the Superpower again ?

6 Likes

It’s the same here in the UK. I cannot stand Starmer and his cull of the left, but the alternative is the Tories.

3 Likes

I’m glad to say that I no longer have that dilemma. I gave up voting after Iraq.

4 Likes

Amid growing concern over Israel’s censorship regime, enforced by the military censor’s office and by gag orders issued by the courts, Haaretz published an article on Wednesday with blacked out words and sentences to demonstrate the scale of redactions.

:laughing:

It is shocking, but then again, it’s nothing new. The US have a long history of acting in a crooked and malicious way when it comes to their foreign policy. Trying to rule the world comes at that cost I’m afraid.

I’m more surprised by the fact that they still try to pose as the good guys, when since decades, nobody falls in for it anymore.

1 Like

A line that famously reported as having been said in exasperation by Clinton after coming out of one of his first 1-1s with Netanyahu. It’s been the Gordian Knot of US politics for a couple of generations.

2 Likes

As much as Biden is massive disappointment who clearly supports war crimes and genocide when it suits his domestic situation, the depressing reality is that even if Trump wasn’t there, the Republican candidate would be twice as extreme as Biden on Israel and twice as destructive in every avenue of government.

There really is no winning when the most centre party is this horrible.

4 Likes

^^^^^

In the absence of fact, autofill bias.

But its not happening in this forum move along move long, these are not the droids you are looking for. :rofl:

Part about Biden is true w.r.t him supporting War Crimes and Genocide, the part of Trump is merely a hypothesis. He might have done a whole lot worse but he’s not had the chance. Yet.

I do agree that other Republican leaders would simply follow Biden’s playbook.

The external policy of US largely has remained the same regardless of which party’s in power.

All hostilities effectively stopped under Trump? Save for some actions against Assad in Syria.

I think Trump did order a hit against some Iranian General.

But he wouldn’t have responded to Putin’s war against Ukraine (primarily cause Putin’s got his number)

He created a travesty and rolled out his Trump Peace Plan w.r.t Gaza

Ironically right now , Palestinians might be forced to concede even more land than what they would have done under the Trump Peace Plan.

2 Likes

Aye, Im really not sure about collusion with Russia. I think it was more a deal about non-expansion. Trump did take out the Iranian General and Assads Chem network.

Have you come across the term ‘the intermedium’ - Im told its a Dem policy, to relieve Taiwan, in hope that such production can be moved to Romania and Ukraine over time. They call this area the ‘intermedium’ and have identified it for cheap labour and development etc - but it just happens to be in Russia sphere of influence. So not the best idea and seemingly illogical.

:man_shrugging:

There are plenty of places where the production can be shifted.

One of the biggest mistakes that the world did was to allow China to gain a near monopoly in manufacturing.

Instead of splitting the requirements to multiple countries , so as to offset the rise of one particular country.

I do hope that there’s a viable alternate to Taiwan found. But whether it needs to be Ukraine / Romania is something that needs to be looked at.

2 Likes

The Trump “peace plan” ignored Palestine altogether.

The Trump admin prosecuted the conflicts they were involved in with more vigor and less accountability than either of the adjacent adminstrations

Trump made lots of claims about removing us from foreign conflicts, but it simply was not matched by what his administration did.

5 Likes