The Middle East Thread

Of course Israel have done it.

State media has announced his death.

ICC is seeking arrest warrants for Sinwar and Netanyahu.

3 Likes

What a shame. Even if Israel wasn’t responsible, for the helicopter crashing, Iran will probably say they were. The majority of the Iranian population, won’t be shedding any tears for him.

1 Like

Gallant and Haniyeh too.

It’s no big deal for Sinwar , but for Netanyahu and Gallant they are now in the same predicament as Putin and have to be very careful about where they travel , for fear of being arrested.

Nice. :+1:

1 Like

With Haniya on the arrest list, it might mean the end of Hamas. I think now Hamas will be forced to rebuild their leadership with people actually living in Palestine :palestinian_territories:.

1 Like

It is kind of amazing that it has taken this long. Netanyahu and Gallant will simply stop travelling to anywhere that respects the ICC, and aren’t exactly welcome in Washington these days, but Haniya is a different matter - this step might alter the balance of negotiations, late though it is.

I was going to ask what the US view on that is given they’ve supported “things”. Uk too for that matter but Ive not seen anything yet.

Expecting posh pig fucker in suit will offer some lame statement before long.

I wouldn’t hold by breath. Hamas has no shortage of recruits and the idealogy just doesn’t die because the top leadership is killed.

I expect Gaza to be wracked with civil wars with various offshoots of Hamas trying to assert dominance.

1 Like

Czech prime minister, Petr Fiala, has condemned the move by the international criminal court as “completely unacceptable”.

He said:

The ICC Chief Prosecutor’s proposal to issue an arrest warrant for the representatives of a democratically elected government together with the leaders of an Islamist terrorist organisation is appalling and completely unacceptable.

Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) official Wasel Abu Youssef said on Monday the international criminal court (ICC) prosecutor’s office requesting arrest warrants for Hamas leaders was a “confusion between the victim and the executioner”.

“The ICC is required to issue arrest warrants against Israeli officials who continue committing genocide crimes in the Gaza Strip,” Reuters reports he added.

There are so many demented people in position of power :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Unpopular opinion maybe but It is true though.

ICC should have been pressed into action after Hamas did their brutalities.

Netanyahu and Co could have been taken to task later when Israel started their share of brutalities.

…

We’d never know if the initial act of Hamas and their subsequent calling out by ICC would have tempered the Israeli approach.

2 Likes

And I agree with the Czech PM. It is unacceptable that a country’s leaders be called alongside leaders of a terrorist organisation.

But just maybe , had Israel behaved like a civilized country , it wouldn’t have been facing this.

So you don’t think hamas leaders shouold have been included in the arrest warrents?

Cringe Reaction GIF

Never said that.

It’s just that the point of equating the two regimes.

He was joking.

2 Likes

That was what I was jesting at.

To Palestinians and to a large number, particularly in the Middle East, Hamas are the rightful leaders of Palestine, and the israelis are the terrorists. It is all about perspective.

2 Likes

To have it spelled out so explicitly should give every Israeli and every Hamas apologist pause for thought.

4 Likes

Isn’t that the fundamental purpose of the ICC? Sub-national leadership would normally be handled by that nation-state, unless the national leadership was complicit.

2 Likes

https://x.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1792515734557405282
https://x.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1792516429931028587

https://x.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1792518359059222777

2 Likes

Meant it rhetorically.

1 Like