The Middle East Thread

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

humanitarian area :laughing:

Israel is doing everything to ensure Hamas survives and thrives.

2 Likes
  1. I wouldn’t be surprised if the armed gangs were operating with the approval of Hamas. Hamas has clearly shown blatant disregard for the lives of Palestinians and It isn’t beyond them to appropriate Aid meant for Gaza citizens for their own use.

No words.

3 Likes

LOL, we all know how that’s going to end :laughing:

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a coincidence.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/2024/0622/1456161-gaza-aid/

Days after Israel announced a daily pause in fighting on a key route to allow more aid into Gaza, chaos in the besieged Palestinian territory has left vital supplies piled up and undistributed in the searing summer heat.

Quietly???

This didn’t make headlines. I wonder what geopolitics is at play here.

Considering the source, I don’t think geopolitics is at play, but more of a slight of hand shifting peoples focus away from what they don’t want people looking at

Maybe stop reading genocide propaganda

:laughing:

1 Like

In the Gaza Strip, meanwhile, the US military’s aid pier has once again been removed because of sea conditions. The Pentagon also said on Friday that it did not make sense for it to return until aid was moved from a nearby marshalling area to people in Gaza.

The United States has proposed new language for parts of the proposed hostage and ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas in an effort to reach a deal , Axios reported on Friday, citing three sources with direct knowledge.

:laughing:

Australian prime minister Anthony Albanese has suspended Fatima Payman from the Labor Party caucus after the senator crossed the floor on Tuesday to support a Greens motion supporting Palestinian statehood. Albanese said if she respects the caucus (by voting with the rest of her party) Payman can return. However, the senator told ABC Insiders she will not back down and would cross the floor again. She added: “When I made the decision on the Senate floor to cross, I did it with the understanding that this could lead to expulsion and costing my Labor membership.”

she actually interviewed very well, went a little bit further when questioned why she would go against the party…

i cant quote exactly what she said, but it was along the lines of ’ the party is more than the caucas and i have had lots of support’

ridiculous that a political party can sanction a member for crossing the floor…they should be able to vote on individual matters the way they feel it represents thier local seat

3 Likes