The Music Thread

Something sounds slightly out to me on that. I’m not sure what it is. Almost like a processing error where some parts momentarily stick. This isn’t from the Red Album remix is it?

I find it awful, there’s a tonal problem a complete mismatch. No idea what they have done but some enormous compression plus cutting vocals out and sticking them somewhere else.
The 2015 remaster is better imo though I’d love to here that song on an original vinyl.
I know it’s a remix however if it was originally a 4 track you don’t split it to make it 8 track and change the tone like that. Even Paul’s voice is off!

2 Likes

Europe tour starts end of the month. Saw them last Oct, great show. caught Chancellor’s pick at the end, was in the right seat. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t until about a minute in that I realised he was singing in French and didn’t just have a strong Glaswegian accent.

It looks like Eurovision is turning into a real shitfest this year. I know it’s not exactly everyone’s cup of tea but I suspect that they are going to regret not binning the Israeli entry at the first opportunity.

We’ll have to see how things go overnight but it looks like there is high shenanigans going on.

2 Likes

American has the Bourbon voice France has the Gauloise voice. :rofl:

That’s a Parisian accent btw.

1 Like

Someone had told me about a phenom on the drums, Sina. So I keep an ear out for her progress. She now has a band together and they add horns and strings to a lot of classic rock. Makes for a fun sound. Wish I had an eighth of their talent!

Not original obviously, but thought you might enjoy it.

@Livvy I believe they are all at a music school in Germany.

3 Likes

I’ve just been putting together a playlist of 1970s pop hits.

Does anyone know when football records stopped being a thing? God there is some crap out there. Who ever thought getting footballers to sing was a good idea?

1 Like

Agree with you other than this moment in the lesser football.

3 Likes

New Shellac album out,
Last song on what now turned out to be Albini’s last album. “If there’s a heaven I hope they’re having fun, cause if there’s a hell I’m gonna know everyone”. Pretty punk way to go.

1 Like

I doubt we’d see many artists nowadays eulogising Palestinian terrorists , but back in 1981 The Teardrop Explodes , one of the finest post-punk bands to come out of Liverpool ,did just that. From the totally brilliant Wilder album , Like Leila Khaled Said.

3 Likes

:sob:

3 Likes

Put it on the match thread but we have to look forward.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

That is outstanding……just a bit of pressure to match Paice and the great Jon Lord.

Reminds me of when I saw the Perfect Strangers tour in 84. Gillan announced his mate from Liverpool to the stage. OK whatever thinking the Sydney suburb of Liverpool….enter George Harrison.

1 Like

What an incredible story! One of those moments you carry forever.

I was a teen and it took a while to register - where have I seen that bloke before!!

1 Like