The Music Thread

You’re referring to the Pokemon, right?

Oooofft, brutal you.

The sexy ginger lad Roy.

which guy?

Members * Jim Reid

Past members * Douglas Hart

Bobby Gillespie I would say. Kept thinking it was going to Brian Cox until I actually saw his face :grin:

Bravo !

Bobby Gillespie , later to find fame with Primal Scream.

1 Like

I have been to a Primal Scream gig and own one of their albums on vinyl. I’m practically an expert!

1 Like

Just heard that Jet Black, the drummer with The Stranglers has died.

Seems like a good opportunity to share this classic.

https://youtu.be/z-GUjA67mdc

3 Likes

A classic paradox!

Why not their best ever track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAEM40UYKeU

2 Likes

Very few artists have bettered a Burt Bacharach original. The Stranglers did though.

https://youtu.be/o7cDjvhgmes

2 Likes

Why do some tracks have long silent gaps?
Listening to Throwing Muses ‘Shark’ on Spotify and suddeenly no sound so I skip to where there is sound. Do they do this just to fuck me off?
The worst is The Verve’s last track on ‘Urban Hyms’ (it is a phenoma that generally affects the last track on an album). So the CD player tells you it’s 45 minutes long but there’s 10 minutes of fuck all!
Very annoying and on my very precious day off (as I’m not getting enough at the moment due to a collegue off sick (been 2 months)). :rage: :cry:

1 Like

I’m sure that I read somewhere about a track being given a false fade out to deliberately annoy DJs. It might have been Thank You by Led Zeppelin.

I do know that Zep deliberately misprinted the last track on their first album as being 3:23 long because they knew they wouldn’t get any airplay if it was listed as its actual 8:28.

1 Like
1 Like

His suit is the same material and colour as the corner suite he singing in front of :0)

yep! that’s the one. great song too, one of my faves. add that to my list earlier of those rock opera style songs.

1 Like

There si also the hack radio DJ’s often use where they play Zeplin or Pink Floyd songs if they need to go to the loo - they know they’ve got time before they need to be back to cue up the next song.

Unless you are Kevin Bloody WIlson, and forget to take the studio keys with you and lock yourself out of the studio :rofl:

1 Like

I can remember years ago hearing a DJ stick a long song on for (presumably) a toilet break. The needle on the record stuck and it ended up playing the same few notes for around a minute before the DJ managed to get back to the studio - presumable with his trousers still around his ankles.

Just came across this whilst listening to a review of new “Metal” albums of this year. Darkher is a one-woman project by a Yorkshire singer, Jayn Maiven, who released an album a few years ago which I rather liked at the time and rather forgot about since.

Anyway, it appears that she has released a new record this year which is rather in the same vein as the previous one. Sort of ethereal dark-folk. Think of Enya crossed with a doom-metal band. This kind of appeals to me for some reason. Probably fills the same sonic hole as early Tangerine Dream and György Ligeti.

2 Likes

1 Like
3 Likes