The Music Thread

On a theme ; another poignant song dealing with the ravages of alzheimers. This time it’s from the Kings of Leon and the subject is Caleb Followill’s (lead singer) wife’s father.

1 Like

Cant believe the Daily Fail called her an unkown blues singer…well I probably can.

Excellent cover version of one of my favourite songs

2 Likes

I gotta go with Mystify, if anything from Kick. I wore that tape out, it was so good.

Actually intended on proposing to the missus on the Charles Bridge in Prague (IYKYK), but I was too worried about traveling for 5 days out of a suitcase before it happened and losing the ring.

3 Likes

Might have posted this before, but it brought genuine laughter to the Mrs in the clinic today when I played it for her, so there you go. No translation needed, it’s a lullaby:

3 Likes
1 Like

I can hearrr them saayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

I feel this

Pink Floyd was a favorite of my father-in-law who passed from cancer four year ago. I miss the talks we used to have, he was such a well-rounded individual when it came to his views on the world we see, and what we don’t.

Best song from Kick, sadly never got released as a single but was Guns In The Sky.

Sadly I never got to see them live, but a couple of mates saw them multiple times in London and recon they were the worst gigs to go to as singles lads.

You could spend all the time chatting up girls pre-show. But the minute Michael hit the stage it was game over - no guy stood a fucking chance against him :rofl:

To hang yourself in a hotel room when you’re dating Helena Christensen. either a massive underestimation of eroto-asphyxition… or totally fucked in the head.

True, but he owned the stage whenever performing and was on another level.

I saw them live at Wembley Arena in 1988, on the Kick tour. Absolutely blinding.

Pity they went all commercial after that- they were never the same.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Man I miss this band…:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Interesting documentary about Michael Hutchence where it’s suggested that a bike accident that caused a head injury was never medically checked and afterwards his personality totally changed and he started doing things he never did before.

1 Like

I know the feeling. Was playing CB and a ball floated into the top of the box, I went up for it. Didn’t see the guy coming in from my blind side, I woke up on the ground with a shattered cheekbone. Same day as Shevchenko had his head injury. Was out for 9mo, needed plastics to rebuild the side of my face. 29 stitches and a plate installed…

:thinking: