The Owners - FSG

Expecting the situation to escalate before our game on Saturday morning at Anfield.

2 Likes

With all respect he can go and do one.

3 Likes

Well done Juergen. Tell it how it is…I have no doubt now, if this happens he will be off.

5 Likes

How about you have some respect? Glad to see our former players show passion and integrity

His position isn’t though as a former player, but for his employers IMO.

5 Likes

And criticism without alternative is pointless. So has Carra thought through the implication? What would it mean to choose to sit out this change. Honoring our history by removing ourselves from the top table?

7 Likes

I don’t agree. You can feel his passion as a fan. Same with Neville tbf

Like he said we should be leading the opposition. Honouring our history. Lobbying and shaming the other 5 clubs into dropping this America billionaire led abomination

2 Likes

And furthermore, if anything like that did happen, it would inevitably lead to a talent drain to other leagues. And fans would not like that.

1 Like

I’m totally against this Super League nonsense, it’s wrong. But how do you know it’s the Americans behind this?
And as for that cunt Neville, yeh he makes a few valid points but the stench of hypocrisy coming off him is unbearable. Why was the Premier League formed? I’ll tell you why, MONEY! And nobody gave a fuck then about the smaller clubs being left behind. Who became a multi millionaire on the back of the Premier League? Gary fucking Neville, that’s who. Among others of course.

9 Likes

He’s as entitled to his opinion,as are the rest of us.

But at least they had the chance to join it…how many teams have been members since it started? 49 actually…

This proposed league is a closed shop, isn’t it? How would Barnsley or Stoke ever aspire to join?

2 Likes

Yeh, I understand it is, I think. And it’s just wrong. The point I was trying to make, maybe not very well, is that the Premier League was formed for the same reason. The big clubs wanting a bigger slice of the pie.

2 Likes

They win the (easier to win once the big five plus Spurs leave) domestic league and qualify that way.

3 Likes

to be fair, the history of the club was factored into the purchase price.

Carras done himself no favors there.

3 Likes

As an expat living in the US, I can confirm that all American sports are totally shit and part of the reason for that is that they are all about money. Fans have no real passion, with maybe the exception of baseball and that pales in comparison to football (or soccer over here). Baseball is pretty shit also to be honest. They are trying to do the same to football because all they care about is making money. This could seriously backfire on them though as they don’t understand the importance of club’s history, of its roots or they don’t care about this. Anyway, everyone else has said enough about it. I hate this move. I really hope it isn’t going to happen.

5 Likes

I seriously second this - with the only exception being that Ice Hockey is a great sport (it’s Canadian really - but the $$ is in the U.S.) with great fans - the rest are crap - especially Baseball

Good post Kopstar. Always found it incongruent when you would talk up the conservative party back on TIA. Anyway don’t want to take this off track - I’m also cynical that we can expect genuine postive reforms to come from a Super league cabal and feel that ultimately it’s regulation that we’d need. Not sure if the current government are really outraged and suspect it’s just political virtue signalling and they’ll wave their arms and ultimately let it happen.

1 Like

Ok I have to be upfront and say, I am neither pro nor against this new ESL simply because it is just announced and plenty more details are not out yet.

But commenting on greed in football. Are we trying to say that this ESL greed is not ok, but the current greed is ok? Where is the line on greed in football now? Is the way top clubs are earning top money now ok but with the ESL it becomes not ok? Granted, 2 wrongs do not make one right. But football has already gone down a no return route many years ago. Its either they continue this make more money route or lets go back to pure sporting route where players are paid normal wages as per the rest of society, there is no such thing as commercial activities etc. In between, its all greed, ESL is no better neither is it worse.

As for the ESL itself…yes its gonna be so boring watching the same teams over and over again and sounds more like a series of exhibition matches albeit now with potential serious money. Think about it, why do Liverpool go halfway round the world say Asia and Australia for tours? Just to say thank you to the fans here? Its money. So is that greed or is that ok? In short, I don’t know much about the ESL cos of minimal details. Maybe I will feel more strongly pro or against once I understand more about the implications but for now, I find it strange that money grabbers UEFA and FIFA are calling these clubs greedy. The Irony. And maybe like I always said what happens to ‘its all about the fans’? It has never been for many years now.

6 Likes

Maybe to understand what level of greed we are talking about you need to know that each club starting in the ESL will earn £3 billion before even kicking a ball.

I’m not sure but can’t imagine LFC earning combined £1 billion for all competitions they start in at the moment.

This is the level of greed we are talking about now.