The Owners - FSG

3 Likes

People get greedy and forget the recent past. 30 years!! Now we won it. We cannot do that every year.

I think they have been good, long term custodians. The odd cock up and embarrassing mistake but they learn.

1 Like

~68% of members from Liverpool Supporters Trust, Spirit of Shankly vote.

…establishment of a Supporters Board, which would be written into the club’s regulations making it a legally binding agreement. SOS will be head…
etc, etc.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Who are these people, voting on my behalf?

7 Likes

That was me Woolton Red. Do as yer told!

Just kidding…

4 Likes
3 Likes

I guess we are going to have our own comic series soon then. :blush:

1 Like

Football is increasingly at risk of becoming a farce, where a team can spend 100m for a player, and all the while use obstructive tactics to stay beyond regulatory supervision…

2 Likes

I don’t know where the appropriate thread for this is, but I’m intrigued by our latest business. New contract to Trent that only extends a year. New contracts for Fabinho and Alisson, that takes them until they’re 33 and 35 respectively, about the time when they’d probably get shuffled onto a James Milner track, if we do extend their contracts at all. It seems like we’re planning to let a lot of our big spends either finish their careers at Liverpool, or go on a free transfer.

With that in mind, I’d be surprised if Henderson got a contract extension. Obviously that’s the way we fans would like it to go, but I think if we extended his contract it would definitely be by one or two years. Strange that our next captain’s contract doesn’t last very long after that… I have a feeling that Alexander-Arnold will see a new contract in the next year or two, and he’ll soon be the pace-setter in terms of what wages we’re offering.

1 Like

I’m not sure there is much of a market for our better players without them actively looking to move or us pushing them out. We will be reluctant to sell to City, Utd and Chelsea (and they to buy our older players) while Real Madrid and Barca aren’t in the position to spend heavily at the moment and may not be for another few years. PSG are really the only club I could see spending big and we haven’t seen much interest from them in our players to date.

I really think the future of football is that players will increasingly move on free transfers. There have been some notable freebies this window.

1 Like

It’s increasingly like the baseball model isn’t it? I would expect FSG to do rather decently if that were the case…

Another commercial deal struck. The club need to continue to strike these deals and try and close the commercial revenue gap. This one sounds good to me…pun intended.

1 Like

I mean, they claim to be the world’s leading sound experience brand but how did they get on at the Sound Olympics, eh? Eh? And they’ve got a shit load of work to do if they’ve got any designs on breaking into the more local market. Round me it’s dominated by Starlings and Pigeons, never even heard of Sonos.

Not convinced.

3 Likes

Sonos? They’re barely Conference standard. This betrays an alarming lack of ambition by the club; we need to be signing only the best to improve the sponsorship starting XI. Someone like Burmester or Krell. Mark Levinson (not to be confused with Mark Lawrenson), maybe.

Or perhaps Esoteric, to boost shirt sales in the Far East.

2 Likes

Where is the Sonos money, John?

3 Likes

Hes prob got the sonos noise cancelling headphones on and can’t hear you.

4 Likes

Wonder if SONOS is an anagram of something or just a simple Palindrome…!
Who knows… or even cares as long as they paying their money! :0)

1 Like

I wish I could auto tune some of you out.

1 Like

As a bit of an audiophile myself,i had to check out Sonos and tbh although i’ve heard of them and thought the were a pretty average audio firm,they are in regards to actual speaker products.They are nowhere near top of the range and are 36th in the top 100 audio brands.

I think where they seem to be world leaders are in the fact that their products are partnered with over 100 companies like Spotify,Apple Siri,Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa,in the voice,wifi,smart speaker world