The Owners - FSG

Maybe a consortium led by Lebron James, Ryan Reynolds and Robbie Fowler :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Good catch, I thought those numbers looked too high. Makes me feel slightly better, but still don’t know who we would want owning the team that has 4 bil laying around.

2 Likes

Why would FSG bother releasing a statement? There’s something happening

Bezos is buying Washington. So that’s not it.

They just hung up a ‘for sale’ sign and want to make sure everyone has seen it so they maximize the return.

3 Likes

Because they were aware of Ornsteins article and wanted to head off all the media contact they will attract following it.

5 Likes

hopefully this doesn’t turn into one of those “be careful what you wish for vibes”…

Liverpool: Fenway Sports Group ‘open to investment but fully committed’ to Reds despite sale reports | Football News | Sky Sports

Sky Sports Premier League on Twitter: “Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have said they remain committed to the Premier League club amid reports they are willing to sell it. https://t.co/TByzxf6ZFb” / Twitter
Its all a load of bollocks.

unnamed

FSG are looking for investors not selling the Club FFS.

But it probably generated new subscribers for the athletic and plenty of clicks for the rest of the media.

He hardly made it up out of thin air. It’s clear somethings happening. Either a sale or a stake

1 Like

I want China, just for the bantz.

After all, we play in red, Liverpool has an established Chinese community and Xi Jinping stood on the Kop as a student in the 80s.

2 Likes

Please don´t tell me that Elon Musk always loved Liverpool ?

1 Like

https://www.ft.com/content/a131793d-028d-4aa8-9da3-acb50967ddfa

Fenway Sports Group is in the early stages of exploring a sale for Liverpool FC, people familiar with the matter said, making the English Premier League side the latest prestige sports asset to come on the market.

Boston-based FSG is being advised by Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley after it was approached by at least one potential buyer, according to two of the people.

In a statement, FSG said it frequently received interest “from third parties seeking to become shareholders in Liverpool. FSG has said before that under the right terms and conditions we would consider new shareholders if it was in the best interests of Liverpool as a club.”

News of the potential sale was earlier reported by The Athletic.

FSG’s decision to explore a Liverpool sale comes months after Chelsea FC was sold by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich to a consortium led by US financier Todd Boehly for £2.5bn.

During the sale process Chelsea received more than 200 bids, highlighting the strong appetite for Premier League teams. In addition to Boehly, Chelsea received serious bids from private equity tycoon Josh Harris and another from British industrialist Sir Jim Ratcliffe.

Since FSG acquired the club in 2010, Liverpool have won both a Champions League and Premier League trophy and is valued by Forbes at $4.45bn. FSG is the parent company for Liverpool, baseball’s Boston Red Sox and hockey’s Pittsburgh Penguins, one of the more prolific dealmaking sports empires in the US. It is controlled by John Henry, a self-made billionaire in commodities trading, who has been a reticent public figure.

1 Like

The bigger question for me is…
Is this the price of success?
To be a successful team, to compete on the highest level becomes too expensive? Does the cost of players became too high to attract would-be owners? Is this the future of football?

1 Like

china GIF by euronews

1 Like

The failure of The Premier League, UEFA and FIFA to impose any kind of financial fair player would become ever more stark.

7 Likes

Which the club appear to have clarified with the statement.

That’s still more animated than anybody in the Main Stand these days.

1 Like

The types of people who could afford us are not the types I really want to be associated with. If we become just another sportswashing vehicle that’s me done with Liverpool.

3 Likes

Yeah, I unsubscribed and they’ve been badgering me :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like