The Owners - FSG

Very definitely a case of being penny wise and pound foolish, so to speak. It’s a bigger gamble to try and limp it home with what we have at the back than to make an investment in that department in an uncertain financial position given that the repercussions of further lost revenue by not being in the CL will be far greater.

8 Likes

Looking at our goals against I don’t really understand why people believe a centre back coming in on loan is the solution to our current woes. If our front three were operating at even 70% of normal service we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Not scoring for 5 games is not down to missing an extra centre back especially with two lads sitting on the bench, either of whom could have played against Burnley…this was Burnley at home.

13 Likes

I hear there’s growing notion that FSG has restricted Klopp specially concerning buying a CB in the summer window and that is now hurting us, bad.

It’s not like we are hurting due to some Lovrenescu catastrophe. It’s not like we have dropped, yeah, rather alarmingly, due to 2-2 draws of 2-3 losses. The results in our calamitous spell are, may I remind you humbly, 1-1, 0-0, 0-1, 4-1, 0-0 and 0-1.

Off-course we can assume that the new CB would have

Stopped TAA from sending useless crosses
Brought Firmino out of his lackluster form
Prevented Jota from getting injured
Magically transformed AOC & Origi
Solved the mystery of Shaqiri & Takumi
Oh, and this one is my favorite; allowed Mane & Salah space in opposition box

Now even if he came bearing all those gifts, wasn’t there this possibility that he could have had an injury himself or proved to be another mystery?

FSG values Klopp, highly. Klopp values FSG, highly. They understand each other and have incredible chemistry. We didn’t buy a CB because it wasn’t possible, for whatever reason. And that decision isn’t what hurting us.

Finally, I’m sorry if I have touched any nerves. I just said things you already know but refusing to believe.

4 Likes

Simple its an easy thing to pick up onto have a whinge. It wasn’t whinge worthy we were top of the league and beating Leicester, Wolves and Spurs. Its easier than pointing finger at the team.

We are living in tough times but I don’t really like the public comments and hints in all of this. The appearance of some division between the manager and the owners is not a good thing for the club. We have been brilliant for 2-3 years, and now that we are going through a bad spell, relatively speaking, for lots of reasons, it just adds one more thing to the pot that can be exploited.

3 Likes

Thats why I find it strange Jurgen’s comments hes been in the game long enough to know it will be a stick to beat us with in the media. There’s the other alternative and I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere its a pretty good deflecting away from the last 5 poor results.

2 Likes

Where’s the ‘getting 2k fans in the ground for three games’ money, John?

2 Likes

Pearce I think it was well it was an Athletic article said it actually cost clubs more to open up with the measures they had to put it place than they made from tickets.

1 Like

Not really comparable. Hernandez won’t cost them a dime until Spring training, and I very much doubt the Red Sox are concerned about they can afford him over the next 2 seasons - they will probably see close to normal revenue this summer, and baseball prorated their costs last season far more than the Premier League was able to. If a comparable player was available on a free transfer, the conversation at LFC would likely be rather different.

3 Likes

Isn’t that a loan player? There’s loads of clubs in extreme financial distress looking to sell or loan out with clauses to buy. I think it’s ridiculous to say we can’t even bring a player in on loan. Likelihood would be that we may have to loan out Origi which may ultimately limit how much we can get for him when one day selling. But I just think the club need to be doing everything within their power to show that there’s always support for Klopp and the team and give every chance of still seeing success this season. It’s almost just psychologically speaking right now. The message backing Klopp means for the cost of a few million (massive for us but not even a blip on football finances) is well worth it in my eyes even if it didn’t actually achieve much (something I disagree with). Just the mood being lifted etc. would be a boost.

4 Likes

You’d think after bringing home the European Cup and the League Title, FSG wouldn’t really have to worry about ‘mood’.

1 Like

I would be surprised if anyone is trying to loan out a player of comparable stature to Hernandez in baseball, but to your point, I do wonder if there are lesser but potentially useful players out there available on that basis.

3 Likes

But they do. And I’m talking about specifically how it’s looking right now. Under Klopps reign it’s almost always come across as the backing is there for Klopp should he need it. Now it’s looking like it isn’t. The Klopp project now doesn’t appear to be as attractive as it was. If they can’t back him now would you bet on them to in the future? If you’re a top talent wanting to go to a top club where you can have sustained success or you’re a top talent deciding whether to stay here long term this has got to be creating some doubt over the set up here.

2 Likes

Fair enough on status but that’s what makes it almost worse, we aren’t actually needing much but what we are needing may become essential over the next half season. God help us if Fabinho picks up a knock for few weeks. I’m looking at deals like this and not believing something similar is impossible for us;

1 Like

Was going to say, fucking hell we were World, European and English Champions at the start of this season… For some that just isn’t enough to trust them during these crazy times.

3 Likes
1 Like

So your advocating us going for some no mark nobody as ever heard who we don’t know if hes any good just for the sake of signing him.

2 Likes

They must be mates cos that article is a load of shit.

1 Like

The fact is, and that is only further reinforced by that Crystal Palace move, everyone is skint, and where deals are being done, clubs are looking for elaborate, and potentially risky, means of financing these deals.

2 Likes

So because Palace can get a striker unwanted by the powerhouse that is Mainz, by essentially loading it into next years budget, we can sign a centre back worthy of playing for the English Champions.

I mean, Edwards is good, but…

3 Likes