The Owners - FSG

Not even next year. It’s an 18 month loan first. :joy:

2 Likes

Firstly,you can almost guarentee that any profits made by the club that go into the transfer spending pot over the end of last season and all of this season have gone.

We’ve bought last summers players out of future earnings and still owe about 90% of thier fee’s to clubs,FSG aren’t going to carry on spending like this and it’s strange to think fans on here (who know how FSG work) still think they’ll blindly throw more money at the club,when they don’t have it.

Also,these deals you see happening,like this Mateta to Palace,how good will he be?? is he a nailed on 1st teamer and top class player?? will we remember who he is next year??.It’s not only FSG holding back money so they don’t put more debt on the club but also players that Klopp wants aswell.

If he’s asked FSG for CB’s worth £50/60mill+,you can understand FSG saying not now but maybe in the summer,you can also bet that those CB’s worth that type of money aren’t going to be for a loan to buy deal either.Also,Klopp isn’t going to bring in lesser players to fill the gap for now,knowing it’ll take away money from buying his number 1 target in the next window.

I see loads of people saying we just need a player better than Phillips and Williams but Klopp isn’t going to risk funds on anything less than a 1st teamer.He’d rather coach his way out of these problems (which he’s been doing for the last 5 years) than waste money on a risky low cost average CB that’ll paper over the crack for a few months.

Even after all the articles and interviews saying we probably wont buy this winter window,how FSG and the club has been run,all the money we’ve lost since covid kicked fans out of the grounds,loss of tv funds and drop in sponsorship cash,it amazes me why people are still talking about needing to buy players this window and pointing blame on the owners.

Like it was mentioned in another post,if we’d still had been top of the league and in a good run of form and the past 3 draws and 2 losses hadn’t happened,the pitchforks would be back in the shed.

4 Likes

Not to derail or detour the thread but I just wanted to make an isolated post to say that JP Mateta is quality and this is a good move for Palace. I posted in the January transfer thread that on the surface it’s a strange decision for Mainz as he’s one of their main goal threats and he’s only 23. My point in this post (not at all related to FSG) is just that Mateta is not a scrub player or “one off mark nobody has ever heard of”. Not that the bar is currently very high for strike force options at Palace but he’s immediately better than Beneteke, Batshuayi, and Ayew. Truthfully he should be able to walk right into the side.

As you were. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Cheers saved me typing any response he comes back with.

2 Likes

I said before if the right deal was available to be financed in such a way we may have done it.

Sadly that seems not to exist, the bigger issue is up front, we maybe over compensating but looking at the space TAA had on Thursday and we did nothing sort of nulls that point.

As for the Red Sox they didn’t resign players like Mookie Betts.

1 Like

Any insight as to why Mainz are letting him go mid-season on terms that are seemingly highly favorable to Palace? It seems like it could be the difference between Mainz getting relegated or not, and they get hardly any money until 2022.

1 Like

It could all be a rouse too. Klopp saying nah we can’t get the players we want in right now, putting pressure on the selling clubs.

Either way, I’m not going to be getting pitchforks out. Any other season, maybe, but not this.

Everton must be happy. Bunch of cunts (the players). Next Derby, Nat Phillips to take out a couple of theres please.

2 Likes

Get two up and then the 92nd minute Milner can take one of the fuckers out.

2 Likes

That’s legitimately the oddest piece to this. I can’t for the life of me understand why. They’re in a relegation scrap and could use every ounce of scoring. Unless they are gambling and figure they have enough to just get by to stay up and want to add a little £££ to their account. But like you said, the real money doesn’t hit until later. They’ll get a small loan fee now in the short term.

I’ve heard Mateta struggles sometimes with self control. So maybe something happened behind the scenes. IMO it’s all very strange.

1 Like

Covid has fucked our finances, but not qualifying for CL will make us a further £50m worse off.

If they decide to gamble top four without even making a loan signing this month, I’d be disappointed.

These things are always bigger than just one issue in isolation, it ripples into so many other aspects.

It affects morale, it puts pressure on the manager, and above all it affects momentum. Fail to qualify for CL at a time when you need to transition the squad a little, and indeed when super leagues are being talked about, will set us back.

In the short run, nobody surely wants Henderson in defence anything but rarely.

All we need to do is find somebody better than Phillips and Williams, ideally someone about Lovren’s level, and thus have four senior options for centre back (in order Fab, Matip, new guy, Hendo).

That means we get to play Hendo in midfield mostly, maybe even Fab occasionally, and we can perhaps manage Matip’s game time a little to ensure he doesn’t get over-used.

5 Likes

I don’t see getting ‘another body’ type centre back as the difference between qualifying for CL or not.

A bang average lad is not going to release the rest of the squad to attack with devastating abandon. The reason why we’re feeling the loss of Gomez and Van Dijk is that they were two of the best around, and unless we can get another one at that level, we’re still going to feel that loss.

The problems at the minute are not defensive. Nor do we struggle to get into positions to make create a great chance. We just can’t score goals. Getting Fabinho into midfield is not going to help if he has got to still keep an eye on the bang average lad we’ve brought in on the cheap in January.

1 Like

Clearly nothing is guaranteed, but from my perspective Top 4 is still not very much of a gamble. I struggle to see any 2 of Leicester, Tottenham, Everton, or Chelsea finishing above us.

2 Likes

But isn’t that exactly what the boss said in the per-manurite presser:

At 6:40
Journo to the boss: “So you’re saying basically it’s reliant on somebody telling you, you have the money to spend?”

The boss: “Exactly. Is that news to you?”

From which I conclude, the boss has been told we don’t have the money to spend.

9 Likes

Yes, he’s been more explicit in another presser as well. Will try find the link later.

7 Likes

as there are a few questioning FSG for not spunking £40-£50 or whatever Million on a new CB,

maybe this will open a few eyes as too how much money we are losing thanks to the loss of match day income,

I dont blame them for not spending…

Premier League 2020-21 without fans? Eight charts on the impact - BBC Sport.

to sum up…

Alot of football clubs are going struggle.

1 Like

Its only become big talking point in last few games. It didn’t stop us crushing Leicester and Wolves or Palace or beating a decent Spurs side either.

2 Likes

Obviously Klopp’s woes run deeper than the CB situation but it is one thing that FSG can do something about. It’s a major deficiency in the squad. A crisis. Do something about it. We’ll be lucky to get 10 more games this season out of Matip. What happens if Fabinho gets injured? He’s playing every game and yet he’s our best holding midfielder. Get him back in there. Let Thiago get further forward. We might actually start scoring goals again.

A lot of childish rubbish in this thread about ‘pitchforks’. People are legitimately concerned about the situation. The manager is concerned about the situation. This is the first time we’ve heard JK moan about transfers and it’s significant. The last thing we need is him feeling he’s not being backed.

13 Likes

Whats strange only a few weeks ago he was saying the same thing about Covid finances been an issue. Then suddenly during what is probably his worst patch as Boss here transfers are an issue. Why not 6 weeks ago when we were clear top of the league.

1 Like

When has Klopp said anything different about transfers during his time at Liverpool? How many times in the past has he said that he didn’t know if we would do anything and that it wasn’t up to him?

Back then it wasn’t seen as a problem because the team was flying. Now it’s suddenly become an issue because we are going through the worst run of form in years. The process though is the same as always.

2 Likes

If Man City have the third highest wage bill in league, I’m an Everton fan.

8 Likes