The Owners - FSG

There was a person that used to do time lapse art(Liverpool related art), the username was a partly the name of a famous artist. Anyone remember their name?

gasbandangelo?

4 Likes

To be fair gasband, not only does Henry have the sense to collect the incomparable YNWA sharpened leg cart horse, he also has several Arthur Boyd’s. Bit of an art expert is ol’ John. Not like that philistine @cynicaloldgit

5 Likes

John Lennon…?

1 Like

Oh, that’s where the money went. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

This is actually the reason why Salah’s contract is not renewed yet.

2 Likes

Nope artist/painter. His/her handle was a combination of a famous artist, like Van Gogh or Rembrandt. Used to post stuff on daily motion (maybe YouTube as well). Was a time lapse video or speed painting video. If remember Rafa being one of the paintings and then a Gerrard one. Not sure if it was canvas or digital.

1 Like

I’ve lost my balance on a North Sea freight transporter before now so I can see the point of padded everything on a small ship.

4 Likes

You make an excellent point, as does @wyld.at.hrt

3 Likes

Leonard Cohen - realistic drawing - YouTube

Speed drawing…?

Very good but no.

Think the username was something along the lines of Artvan….

This is going to annoy the hell out of me.

Sean Leonard Art…

2 Likes

Seeing how the mancs haven’t been able to come out of the hole of bad management and overall structure the club has, I think what we have achieved after being in a similar state for years is commendable in itself. For all their criticism, am glad we are not United and a well run club that knows what it’s doing.

3 Likes

Whatever criticisms we have, my opinion is that FSG are the best owners in the league, possibly the game.

6 Likes

If not THE best then certainly one of them. Doesn’t mean they haven’t made mistakes along the way but in the 12 years they’ve owned the club the progress on and off the pitch has been huge.

4 Likes

If there is black mark against them anywhere, I would say it was the way the Super League was proposed and formatted… Can’t blame them for trying and they can probably foresee the demise of football as we know it within the next generation or so… Apart from that blip I think they have been excellent in conducting the business the way they have

2 Likes

They have fucked up a few times, but luckily learnt from each (so it seems).

The cold shoulder for Kenny at the final and then flying him over to Boston to sack him
Werner pissed bragging about we’d signed Van Dijk, causing the deal to collapse
Putting ticket prices up (lead to the 77 min walkout)
Trying to trademark Liverpool

But we could have such worse owners.

5 Likes

Why? She doesn’t look at all clumsy to me.

Oh!!!

Yer filthy beast. :scream::nerd_face:

I don’t think we’ll really know how good they are until JK leaves. Our success on-pitch over the last few years seems heavily JK-dependent to me. I’m judging this solely on where we were when he took over. Opinions on FSG were more sharply divided before then. We had a dysfunctional squad created by a bizarre recruitment strategy which allowed the manager to bring in some players he wanted and the transfer committee to bring in others he didn’t. Balotelli, Markovic, Sakho, Benteke, Lambert, Borini, Assaidi, Aspas, Moreno, etc.

Our recruitment now has an almost 100% hit rate but JK has a clear idea of the type of football he wants to play and the kind of player he needs to play it. He’s also Klopp which makes it easier for us to attract players. Who wouldn’t want to play for him? Added to that he takes players up a level. Very few signings have come ready made.

All the infrastructure changes have been well handled. The Main Stand is genuinely brilliant and I’m sure the ARE will be too. It wouldn’t have hurt FSG to fund some of these projects themselves rather than load the money on to the club. They can do that without worrying about FFP and it would free up more money for player recruitment (and Mo’s contract…).

4 Likes

Sad The Office GIF

Edit: My only real criticism of them, otherwise great owners who are genuinely better than taking the risk on gambling on new ones.