The Owners - FSG

And poor Taki has no idea what’s going on. There is this massive German fella shouting ‘Boom’ at him, mostly he’s stuck on his own in a big house, and the food is weird. And now they are talking to him about something called a Southampton.

1 Like

Wages to cover too, so I think we’ve pushed things as far as we can.

Not if we really offered €23m for Caleta-Car. They’re cash strapped they could have easily accepted so don’t think it was some kind of PR stunt. Also I don’t think Kabak was on loan because we had no money I think he’s on loan because there are concerns after the spitting thing and we want to make sure on him before committing. And Schalke may have stood firm and never accepted the loan first deal in which case I think we’d have gone back to Caleta-Car or the Carmo deal. Think (especially now we know the club knew Matip was out for the season) the objective was to bring in a player good enough to start for us in theory. It just happened that we were able to be cautious with our money as well due to the choice made. Remember at one point he seemed likely to join on a permanent deal last summer so think he’s a long term target they think can make it big. Providing his attitude isn’t a problem which the spitting made it look like it was.

4 Likes

To be honest that Car deal seemed pretty done if rumours are true which would suggest there was finance enough to do a deal.

2 Likes

ARD you would argue black was white and blue is no colour as my ma used to say.

What we do know for definite is that we spent £1.5 million up front on two defender’s.

We went first and foremost for the frugal option.

1 Like

Makes you wonder why they didn’t. Maybe we said it would be €2m now, the rest payable in 7 equal instalments every six months starting in the summer and they didn’t go for it?

1 Like

Maybe. But that was always my argument on why not now but yes in the summer. It would only likely be one installment payment difference.

1 Like

I reckon they found the safe house just before the deal was agreed…

3 Likes

Lots of sense. Do we know why the Car deal didn’t happen? I’m catching up to be honest.

But wages are always a consideration that gets missed along with all the other fees associated with transfers

The journo’s reported that they couldn’t get in a replacement.

1 Like

I have it from authoritative source that we didn’t sign Caleta-Car because none of the commentators & pundits could pronounce his name correctly.

As for the signings, well done FSG :clap:

1 Like

I reckon that and cash… We’ll go back for him in the summer I think.

The problem is as you’ve mentioned a few times the transfer market will need to normalise and FSG simply won’t overspend knowing this is coming. It’s a risky strategy but I understand why considering the current situation.

1 Like

Which indicates it came quite close to being accepted. It could have been Mustafi going there and then we’d have had to actually pony up and pay what we offered which is why I don’t agree with some that think it was just a PR stunt. We had money to spend yesterday and some decision was changed when we determined Matip was out for the season. We also made an offer to Braga for Carmo which was rejected and we were told we had to meet the clause, unclear if before or after the Caleta-Car attempt. We then tried to loan him to see if he could prove worth the clause and that was rejected too. Clear to me we tried at least 3 players off our list and tried to set the clubs off against each other to find a deal we could do during the last 48 hours. These will have all been well prepared, scouted and thought out with an idea of what each would take to get over the line (like we probably do with dozens of likely potential targets) but we only seemed to go ahead with the attempts at the very last minute due to the Matip injury. Thank god he got injured before the window closed not after.

2 Likes

Didn’t know where to post this, thought in a general club thread.

The irony when someone like Ben Davies takes us to being a billy roster for the first time…

:joy:

6 Likes

My opinion that Ben Davies comes in regardless of the Matip injury. The flurry of activity around Kabak, Caleta-Car, Carmo and Tapsoba (who we also tried for apparently) was a direct response to the Matip injury. All feel like trying to bring forward a summer move.

But yeah, better he got crocked last week than next week.

3 Likes

I think if you look up the thread you’ll see that you started all this with your “Wondering where the FSG out brigade are today?”

Your post was the first on this thread for 5 days, nothing about the transfers, not a positive comment about the signings, just a dig at people.

You make some good points about football matters, but your comments to and about other posters are all a bit childish, and your amateur hour psychology ridiculous.

If anyone has personal issues it’s your good self. Some of us might express anger about things done to the club from outside, but your need to bait and pick fights with some, whilst kissing Mascot’s proverbial the rest of the time, is very juvenile.

I’ll leave this particular engagement at that.

1 Like

Yeah, rumours we approached Preston and started discussions last Wednesday/Thursday would suggest Davies was being approached when everyone was talking up the injured bloke at Wolves and Mustafi.

Yes I posted the provocative statement, in response to a weeks worth of several posts implying FSG are actually sabotaging the club, going against Klopp, causing rifts etc. Looks like after weeks of complete madness, we again are once again confirmed as a joined up club top to bottom who continue to work exceptionally well under some pretty harsh constraints.

In this thread yes it was the one post, but this is the FSG thread, I posted multiple times elsewhere - I updated on transfers, shared information on our new signings, wished Taki well etc.

Where you get some sort of notion about attempted psychology is just bizzare, but lets ignore that. Its way off the mark.

My final point, as I’m really bored having to basically explain irony ad nauseam, kissing a mods ass? Really? That’s what is ironic, maybe just maybe it’s your posting getting the same reaction from more than 1 person as not everyone has your view point… But as I say, irony is completly lost on you.

1 Like

@Zoran is it club valuation or squad valuation?

Seriously?