The Owners - FSG

This is spot on not only people working there but also the costs on matchdays will have gone up substantially in the last 8 years

1 Like

just trying to understand his point and yes, it would have some merit in a certain sphere.

he might work in a small enterpise where everyone feels like a member of a team , the owner might just be a ordinary guy trying to establish a small business, these type of people id say wouldnt be thinking (seriously, as in, now is the time) of a raise.

it should be noted all of the people you mentioned get thier money directly from the government (if i havent misjudged)

and there within lies the difference.

i get his point. and i get the opposition to it.

Get your cheque books out and spend money and stop worrying about balancing books, you have made a absolute fortune from our club now time to do the decent thing. Que the fsg fans to moan about Liverpool fans wanting them to invest in the team they claim to support. :joy:

Where is the 2% ticket money John.

1 Like

I don’t think they have a great deal of choice. The valuation of LFC is founded on being in the CL every year, not just the direct revenues but all the commercial income they have worked to increase. Sponsoring a 6th place side playing in the EL is not exactly the same proposition as putting your logo on a club that is fighting to win every competition.

2 Likes

After the near miss of the full set of trophies last season, the summer was the year to invest from a strong position.

Not Chelsea levels of spending of course, but with the revenue and prestige generated from the last 5 years to inject some funds.

3 Likes

We have refreshed the attacking options and spent there, but the midfield has been mismanaged. The reasons have been done to death.

Time to act!

Midfielder
Midfielder
Central defender

Three great options needed. At a minimum. And that’s if outgoings go as expected.

We could do even more business on the incoming side, depending on the budget, but summer will feel flat as a pancake if we don’t rebuild the engine room, minimum, and add a central defender to (probably) replace Matip.

Depending on the timing of minor investment, either the minor investor takes care of it, of FSG does, even if via a club loan that is repaid when the minor investor comes on board.

ÂŁ200M summer needed, maybe even more, but going higher starts to stretch credulity.

1 Like

If we fall out of CL for a season, it’s bad but not world ending bad But falling out of CL for two seasons or more, it will shake FSG really bad to a point they might just go on a managerial merry go round to get the most out of the current squad as the income for the future doesn’t look to be very high.

1 Like

But we didn’t do so in summer 2022…The revenue and prestige generated from the last 5 years? Nowhere to be seen, not even in January 2023 when there was a very serious case made of this season going pear shaped. Heck, if we can see clearly see what’s wrong with the midfield in Jan 2023, I am pretty sure the coaching staff would have seen it coming in October 2022 and we have literally the whole of December 2022 to get into contact with some clubs whose players aren’t in the world cup for some reason.

There could be 3 possibilities.

1. We could be going all in for Bellingham so we are keeping our powder dry.
  2. We cannot find any midfielder that is more reliable than Keita, AOC, Jones in terms of fitness and better in quality compared to Milner and Hendo.
  3. FSG has quietly reduced the transfer & wage budget to a point that there isn’t someone we could realistically get to fit Klopp’s standards in Jan.
  1. No-one on a football message board has the first clue what’s happening?
3 Likes

But all of us can see the results of the inaction in Jan 2023 which is weird given that LFC can and will bring forward a signing when there is an opportunity and/or other clubs are sniffing around…

1 Like

Surely Caicedo was available back in Jan?

If he was, we wanted him and we could afford him, he would be here.

If he wanted to join us, that is.

People seem to think that transfers are simply a matter of waving a wad of notes in a club’s face. There’s a lot more to it than that.

4 Likes

Brighton rejected a number of offers. If he had been available at a sensible price, he would have moved.

Speak for yourself :smirk:

Probably for ÂŁ80-100m which would have been fucking insane.

Doubt it, Jürgen already made plenty of reference to how our squad was full. Arthur wasn’t even registered for the Champions League squad because there was simply no space.

I think this was before Gakpo became available in January, and before we signed Arthur? I genuinely have no idea how we would have managed this, if I’m being honest. Probably would have had to miss out on Gakpo, or promise PSV that we would pay more for him in the summer?

Brighton rejected 70m bid for Caicedo from Arsenal almost immediately, so you can imagine what kind of price it would need for them to even be tempted to sell him in Jan.

Rumours we went late in August due to the injuries I assume the cash we put on Gakpo was the same as the money we had for Caciedo but Brighton wouldn’t do a deal that late.

There is the error if that’s how it played that we left it late. There are players in that squad that you would have given 3-4 years too and they still may but they’ve woefully underperformed this season.

The squad has an awful lot of options but after 18 injuries into September those options were becoming seriously limited. Players who should be rotated were playing 90 mins and our preseason was so badly out of kilter in my view it didn’t much matter.

On the point of Touchemani he has also spent a fair bit of time out. All factors whether that be transfers, injuries and pre season would have benefited us but simply there is a fair few players spent.

Thankfully we have a goalie insider at Brazil because the last thing we needed was more mileage in the legs of players.

Shame Southgate decided Hendo doesn’t need a rest for what is I believe an entirely friendly programme bar África.
Speaking of which I bet the exhausted looking Salah is heading off.

I think it’s a similar picture to 2 seasons back just some players are older and thus the impact worse. However fundamentally it should be able to compete enough to make a go at this final third but something seriously has to be done about going 1-0 down. Against good teams there is an excuse but there is no excuse for the 60 at Bournemouth on Saturday.

1 Like