The Owners - FSG

It’s international week before any internationals start, the Monday and Tuesday of this week and Wednesday and Thursday of next should be removed in a communist purge.

It seems this man is saying everything a LFC fan felt after FSG were reportedly unwilling to get into a bidding war for Bellingham…

I am not a finance guy but if this is true, it is just incredible…

Why is it?

2 Likes

Agreed. Wouldn’t fault FSG for this particular financial structure.

You mean a Liverpool fan who won’t take a minute and think for himself.

Of course FSG do not want to enter into a bidding war with the sport-washing cheats. Who in his right mind would want to do that, let alone have any hope of prevailing.

The goal was always to convince Bellingham and then come to an agreeable understanding with Dortmund. Nothing has changed in this regard.

P. S. Blaming FSG for not signing midfielders is as dishonest and stupid as it gets.

7 Likes

This is so ridiculous… :see_no_evil:

Everything which has happened regarding the stadium expansion happened thanks to fsg. Think back to the times under Moores and Parry if you are old enough, and how nothing ever happened, apart from a few dubious, irrealistic designs for a new stadium of which everyone knew there wasn’t any money around to pay for it. I’ll not even go into the g+h era.

The stadium expansion is for me the single best achievement fsg have done for us, along with the new training ground complex, because they are long-term structures which will benefit the club over a whole generation, regardless whether they stay as owners or not.

Now, regarding the financial structure of this payment: you do realise that the main stand has also been paid by the club, don’t you? fsg advanced the money, and then the club paid it back gradually. If such a structure wasn’t necessary for the ARD stand, it’s really good news: it means that the club is strong enough financially to pay for it without having to go for a loan.

So, what is so incredible about it? It’s just fantastic that Anfield will be a 60k seater next season, that is all!

15 Likes

What is incredible is you posting utter twats off twitter who do nothing but promote toxic views on our club. They are not fans, all they want is a sportswashing vehicle to come in, which is against everything we stand for as a club.

It shows your colour to even been following or watching such utter cretins.

4 Likes

It all depends on what happens this summer, if FSG goes full in and lets us sign the midfield replacements that we need it is fine by me that we did not take the loan.

If we give Milner a new contract and sign some young guy who could turn out good or not, someone with all to proof, not so much.

You can stop right there. You didn’t need to go any further.

1 Like

Stop. Have a think. Just for a tiny second.

Why would FSG (if that is the source of Ornstein’s story) be briefing that we think the price for Bellingham has got too high?

Come on. You can do it.

I’ve met this guy several times, its literally his job on Redmen TV to just get angry and shout.

If there wasn’t an FSG there might not be a LFC… If there was no LFC, how would the guy doing the spouting be making a wage…!
Lots of people are making money from the shrewdness of FSG, they need to remember that before they are so quick to criticise them…

The stadium thing is fucking bizarre.

I suppose the tension is that fans of football clubs think the owners are custodians of the club hold it in trust. They aren’t. They own it. It belongs to them. They can do what they want with it.

I get it to a point, the theory behind the issue has a bit of grounding. I.e. if FSG had loaned us the money it would have meant we had much more availability in our revolving “credit facilities”.

Personally I don’t know what carries more interest our credit line or a loan, interest rates have certainly gone up by some margin since the main stand loan was completed.

Ultimately both are debts, and that is the extent of my knowledge in the area! So I don’t see how either is a stick to beat FSG with.

My big hope is the new investment comes in and settles both the main stand and are debt which would free up a lot of capital for players.

This is just a theory, but I’ve always suspected that around the time of the European Cup win, the club came to the decision that the squad was good for the next 3-4 years with minimal investment, and that freed up the space for investment in the stadium and the training ground.

People seem to think that the infrastructure investment has impacted on squad funds. I think it was the other way round.

6 Likes

The cry-arsing is probably because FSG could pay for the stadium and training ground upgrades out of their own pocket and it not count towards FFP whereas loaning the money means having to repay it from revenues the club makes.

What these numpties fail to realise is that whilst FSG could just pump that money in from their own pockets, that just isn’t going to happen. If any of them actually ran their own businesses and had staff expecting office refurbishments to be paid for directly by the business owners so that there was more money to buy nicer computers for the team they’d perhaps change their tune.

Of course the other way to offset the cost would be to get sponsors for the stands or sell naming rights to the whole ground. I’m sure these idiots would love that and Spirit of Shankly would hit the roof at the mere suggestion of it.

Jude Bellingham playing at “The Allianz Anfield Arena”, it’s what you all wanted…

5 Likes

I’d agree and the point that the #FSG out brigade will completely miss is Klopp would have been front and center of those discussions and decision points.

However collectively we have made mistakes, I think the sale, Edwards going etc. Has meant eyes went off the ball for some reason resulting in two big failures starting last summer;

1. The lack of plan B after Tchouameni - That’s on Klopp, he may have had bad advice around the fitness of the squad but ultimately he has waited for Bellingham and didn’t start the midfield refresh last summer
  2. The Sports Science which lead to this seasons pre-season, the midfield refresh delay and subsequent injury “crisis” (it is we have missed 30% more games this season than any team).

The elephant in the room really is Klopp and his loyalty, again Edwards going and Ward clearly not up to the job (for whatever reason) has meant the tough decisions on refreshing the squad has been lead by Klopp. A lack of challenging voice to help an area Klopp is weak in hasn’t helped. Now this isn’t an attack on Jurgen, it’s the first time in his career he’s had to take an all conquering side and move on the core, new territory he’s struggled with for sure. A good DOF would help here for sure.

2 Likes

I always feel FSG can’t win, they have made some silly decisions (hi trademarking Liverpool etc.) But I never see in any of those an malicious intent, just a want to bring in more revenue for the club. They said day one, they would fund the club as self-sustainable.

That’s the problem everyone wants us to spend as much as City/Chelsea/Utd, but not increase ticket prices, not be a sports washing vehicle etc. etc.

FSG’s biggest error is owning the club during an era where other clubs have cheatmode enabled, it’s warped perception of what a succesful ownership should look like.

7 Likes

That’s it. They want to be like the 0.1% of clubs where money seemingly doesn’t matter. It’s dead easy to spend other people’s money though but ask them to out their hand in their pocket for ticket price increases and they’re all dead against it. Try to find more ways to generate revenue and they don’t like it. They just want someone else’s money spent on what they want and claim that’s how it should be.

We make money, we spend money and somewhere along the way those two things roughly balance out. FSG don’t seem to take dividends out like the Glazers do. Their payday comes when they sell some or all of it. And to maximise that return the club needs to be there or there abouts at the top tier of European football, both in terms of off field and on field performance. They’ve helped to get us there and it’s still not good enough for some because they aren’t acting as a bottomless money pit.

When you think about it though, City with their infinite wealth have yet to win a CL title. Same with PSG. Hell, we’ve lost more finals in the Klopp era than those two have been to in their history. Sure they pick up more league titles, but City have how many charges against them? PSG don’t even seem to be able to stroll to Ligue 1 as comfortably as they once did despite their spending. Chelsea spent god knows how much under their new owner and are still behind us in the league. Barca have played silly games with their finances and whilst they might pick up another La Liga title, things are not looking rosey there either.

It’s a modern football disease to think your team has a right to compete for titles every single year. Even the Ferguson era had rebuilding seasons whilst still being dominant. It’s just petulant to expect endless money and endlessly competing for the top honours.

2 Likes