The Owners - FSG

You do realise most reports around us “walking away” from Bellingham clearly state one of the major reasons is the rebuild is much bigger than anticipated because we need a replacement for Fabinho.

1 Like

I heard FSG likes a freebie! A freebie in Kante will be big enough as a replacement for them!

As for Fabinho, he will still be in this club as Hendo as a 6 is worse than Fabinho at this point of time.

Remember to reference my post come 1st September 2023!

Who said he won’t be at the club? No-one, I said it is unlikely he will be a starter any more.

To disprove your hyperbole “new midfield” nonsense.

Ah. @Notasuperfan. I thought you’d realised you were talking shit in the rumours thread, and deleted your post. It seems you’ve just moved it to the FSG thread.

2 Likes

That’s why I said Fabinho and Kante will rotate depending on who is at the sickbed more often!

Ah right so talking utter bollocks again then?

3 Likes

Well, it will be shit until the sudden realisation on 1st Sept that those players I mentioned will be playing for us as our senior players in the squad.

Don’t know if it belongs here feel free to move it mods. This is from @MelissaReddy_

2 Likes

Bollocks? Given by the club’s current financial situation ,future income ,club philosophy and the immediate uncertainty of European football next season, it is not unthinkable for LFC to actually sign 2 freebies.

What is our current financial situation? Walking away from Bellingham because the price is £135mil and counting isn’t about penny pinching, it’s about being pragmatic.

1 Like

It’s fine here, but again (if we are taking Reddy’s word) I think Klopp must take the lions share of the blame. He was said to be the driving force behind those contract extensions, and again it points to a bit of a blind spot with loyalty to his players.

It is a bit worrying that this stuff is dribbling out of the club, but then again it’s hardly surprising that the recruitment team want to do more recruiting and less continuing with the players we’ve got. It’s literally their job.

2 Likes

From what I last saw from the P&L, if my memory doesn’t serves me wrong, I saw a net profit of 2 million pounds. Given how FSG doesn’t sink their money directly into the club, what you see is really what you get.

It’s competitive doom-mongering. I don’t know what lads like @Notasuperfan get out of football. All they do is spread cynicism and misery.

1 Like

I wasn’t even talking about Bellingham. What I am talking about are spendings above a certain sum. If we sign Mount on a Chelsea fire sale( assuming if he doesn’t mind playing in Europa league or Europa Conference League), the next two signings we get should be either cheap or freebies.

Let’s make sure we do the ‘who we’re going to sign’ stuff in the relevant thread please.

1 Like

On 1st September 2023, we will know whether is it cynicism & misery or just being realistic on how FSG’s outlook on English football has changed over time. One would suspect they are already disillusioned given how they failed to push the ESL despite knowing how badly it will be received by supporters.

Sure!

If they were that disillusioned they would have sold already. They aren’t going to watch their asset depreciate in value now.

There will be investment this summer. It won’t be dropping 500m on five instant world class players, but it will be more significant that we’ve seen in recent years.

In the meantime, at least until Sept 1st perhaps we can be spared your doom laden prophecies about how we are going to rely on thirty year old injury prone freebies to refresh our midfield.

1 Like

Apparently, they tested the waters and it didn’t meet what they want to get. It’s Werner’s words, not mine!

Oh, am I gonna be banned till Sept 1st? Please don’t do that!:sob:

Maybe thats why all the stats bods and Edwards and Ward resigned.

1 Like