The Owners - FSG

It seems FSG and LFC are going for the Kia Picantos of the footballing world now…

Who’s ever mentioned 6 players for 100m each? :rofl: :rofl:

You can’t always work with what you have Jurgen, as you’ve found out this season…unless the end result you’re working to is shit.

Nah, I think FSG’s new target is

I think the only thing nailed on is that we need minimum 2 midfielders. I personally doubt we’ll try to go for 3 unless the 3rd is a youngster. Has Kelleher 100% said he’s leaving? It will be interesting to see what happens on the CB front. I still think we can afford to go a bit younger there as no-one will be moving a Virg-Konate partnership even taking into account their form.

I am still expecting 2 players really vying for first team football, with both being midfielders, then 2 more new players on the fringe in other areas that maybe won’t be ready yet.

@Maria and her Ferraris :grinning:

@GoneKloppo
I sat in a Ferrari once, for about 5 minutes and twiddled a few knobs, wasn’t impressed tbh, its just abit of flash, that is about it. :smiley: Minis all the way.

2 Likes

I thought you were being rude on two occasions here.:grin:

People are saying we have enough minis in our midfield. Need a double decker :joy:

Why are you even here? What do you think JK is going to say? What he said is what he’s basically said throughtout his tenure here. What would you say he’s achieved in that time?

Woah, seems that there is trouble in paradise for FSG where all their sport franchises are facing the same problem of not being competitive at the same time. I thought this poster may have been over-reacting. Then I dived deeper as I am no baseball fan.

Then I dived to the NHL penguins. This is what I saw.

looks like FSG are getting pressure from the fans of all the major sports teams they own (red sox, Lfc and penguins)… same song too…“U DONT FUCKING SPEND ENOUGH”

One will give, I assume it’s us or the Penguins.

1 Like

Even the Red Sox fans are fed up with FSG and want them out. I am not FSG out by the way. They have become really stingy the last two seasons.

1 Like

not hard to find anti-FSG rhetoric. Penguins miss the playoffs (for those who don’t understand the NHL, only top 1/3 of the teams advance) for the first time in 16 years.

as for Red Sox, they’re in the same situation that LFC found themselves in with their roster. They spent far too much money on a few select “franchise” players like JD Martinez with huge contracts and now they’re struggling to fill the squad with talent.

there’s a reason why the same teams aren’t dominating leagues like NHL and MLB every season, because there’s an ebb and flow to player expenditures. San Diego Padres have been spending HUGE amounts of money and they haven’t won a bloody thing. Dodgers and Yankees have been blowing the league up with huge signings and yet combined have only won two championships in 15 years.

spending money DOES NOT win you championships by itself. still need good coaching, good management and the RIGHT players to play together.

Year Winner Runner-Up Record
2023 TBD TBD
2022 Houston Astros Philadephia Phillies 4-2
2021 Atlanta Braves Houston Astros 4-2
2020 Los Angeles Dodgers Tampa Bay Rays 4-2
2019 Washington Nationals Houston Astros 4-3
2018 Boston Red Sox Los Angeles Dodgers 4-1
2017 Houston Astros Los Angeles Dodgers 4-3
2016 Chicago Cubs Cleveland Indians 4-3
2015 Kansas City Royals New York Mets 4-1
2014 San Francisco Giants Kansas City Royals 4-3
2013 Boston Red Sox St. Louis Cardinals 4-2
2012 San Francisco Giants Detroit Tigers 4-0
2011 St. Louis Cardinals Texas Rangers 4-3
2010 San Francisco Giants Texas Rangers 4-1
2009 New York Yankees Philadelphia Phillies 4-2
2008 Philadelphia Phillies Tampa Bay Rays 4-1
2007 Boston Red Sox Colorado Rockies 4-0
6 Likes

we have good coaching @Semmy, so can we please spend a little more

1 Like

another example of taking a three word snipped out of a 3-paragraph statement and twisting it into anti-ownership fucking rhetoric.

Klopp has clearly stated numerous times that the money is there for the right players.

He’s also stated numerous times that the club DOES NOT discuss transfer policy and targets with journalists. in the last two windows we’ve spent £136mil on signings…

end of…

5 Likes

We have good coaching, but EPL football is different and more intense, tough and more physically demanding on the players. The EPL players play in 4 competitions including Europe, players get injured, our Christmas rota is so tough, sometimes playing 3 games a week, it is unsustainable after some time if you don’t buy a few players. I am not asking FSG to go mad like Chelsea, unless FSG is quite happy Liverpool getting Top 4, but our team is not even top 6. Every club has to buy a few players to survive in the EPL.

1 Like

@semmy, I was speaking in context of your entire post which included baseball. In your argument u brought up san Diego and yankees and how they have spent so much but not won in 15 years. You went on to qualify that by saying, its not all about money, you also need good coaching to win. My response was, we have good coaching, so can we spend a little bit more… don’t see anything wrong with my response to ur post

1 Like

Baseball is in a similar situation to football in the “amortization” crap (its not the same but its similar). Some teams are blowing insane amounts of money on players who aren’t even the top ones in their position. FSG didn’t give a player $280m - a good player but not one of the top players in baseball - and so Red Sox fans lost their minds.

The Red Sox have won the World Series 4 times under the ownership of FSG. Before that they hadn’t won it since 1918.

8 Likes

Baltimore and Tampa have come on a bit the ALE is a bit open what with the Yankees in it.

Boston haven’t been competitive for a couple of years mind and don’t look competitive this year (Tampa have had a crazy start but you would want to be competing for the wild card and get to the playoffs, early days but it looks like the Yankees will be there or there abouts, pitching has been poor hence why they’ve not gone beyond that).

1 Like