The Owners - FSG

Been found guilty wont stop them cheating I believe. Kick them out of the premier league. They will cheat their way back to the top.
Give them a transfer ban, they will only spend more when it’s finished to make up for lost time.
Points deduction will only hold them back for one season.
Been found guilty isn’t going to make a state club go on the straight and narrow.

1 Like

The PL had all the time to ensure there are some sort of financial controls but chose to turn a blind eye to it!

Wonder why?

Pearce is at it again

Not even sure I followed that from what Pearce said.

Sensational garbage

1 Like

I think it might have to do with Envelopes and all those!

1 Like

I’ve just had my perspective changed on club reporters (Jones, Pearce, Joyce etc.), so reading it is interesting. Here’s my takeaway:

• Mount is off the list. We can as good as close the thread.

• DaveOCKop gets a bullet in his heart to confirm his status as “unreliable” because we’ve not agreed personal terms with anyone. Congrats on your demotion Dave.

• JWP need haunt our nightmares no more. Might get an occasional peep from Charlie Adam tho.

• The constant noun-dropping of “cost” might be a transfer tactic, or we’re a bit screwed and our budget is 80-100m unless we sell somebody.

• The five names listed are most definitely on some kind of list, in debatable order: Thuram, Kone, Gabri Veiga, Romeo Lavia and Ryan Gravenberch

• Positive talks with Gravenberch might suggest he’s either higher priority or is the one most open to joining Liverpool out of all the above mentioned lot.

• If we try to divide the names w.r.t our requirement (which is RCM & DM) then it might appear as so:
    RCM - Veiga / Thuram / Gravenberch
    DM - Kone / Lavia

• That might mean that we’re most likely to negotiate deals of Veiga, Thuram & 'berch off of each other to try and get the best deal, and same with Kone & Lavia.

• Thuram, 'berch & Kone are the most difficult to place because they have played in all positions. I’m just guessing all of it off from Gary of Youtube, and third hand opinions of people who have watched some of these guys play.

• The word “might” has been used in this post 5 times, so take it what it is - a load of gas.

• No clue what we’re doing discussing this in the owners thread but I’ll hit reply and be done with it anyway.

6 Likes

Interesting that I would assume the three we are further down are the same position.

I wonder if that’s the reason.

This is the same Pearce who said Klopp was going to be backed handsomely by FSG this summer :joy:

It is actually kind of impressive how so few of these journos/pundits are willing to just try to understand that FSG doesn’t decide on a number, and say ‘go spend that’. It has been a decade now, with windows where we spent huge numbers and windows where we spent painfully little, and these guys are still trying to understand it as some secret number in Football Manager.

There is probably some absolute cap, but the ‘pot’ idea just isn’t relevant.

6 Likes

Been saying this for years. The idea of a ‘transfer kitty’ is nonsense. Any potential deal is going to judges on its own merits.

£50m might be available for a quality young player who fits the Bill for what we want, has loads of upsides, and potential resale. It isn’t going to be available for a 29 year old who represent three good years and a short term hit, but none of the other upsides.

2 Likes

It’s interesting because they’ve leapt on one tiny detail and dropped some of the context to make it sound somewhat more negative. What he actually said was;

The club’s stance isn’t that they must sign two more regardless in order to fill gaps. Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain only started seven league matches between them in 2022-23.

I think we all agree that we had the number of players last year but the issue was availability of them. We don’t then necessarily need to replace the three bodies that have left, we need to replace their minutes and take some pressure off of others who were getting overplayed.

And of course costs will come into it. We know this because we decided we couldn’t lump everything on Bellingham. And we didn’t make the CL either and frankly it’s hard to blame that on the owners given the fact the team under performed.

Mac Allister is great value but if we decide Thuram is the one and he costs us £50m plus another £30m on a centre back then that’s £115m outlay before sales. And lets not forget the Gakpo deal was one we pulled forward a window too.

That then probably means another £35m on Kone might not be possible. If Bayern decide to cash in on Gravenberch then maybe we could stretch to him if the deal is right. Or if we get Thuram and a CB a bit cheaper than figures currently floating around then maybe we have our pick of Kone, Lavia or whoever else is on our list.

It’s not rocket science. The team failed to make the CL. That is going to have an impact on what we spend and what the players we really want cost will then impact how many deals we could do.

I fully expect another CM and a CB and then a third CM will be dependent on what those two have cost us and what the other clubs are asking for whoever else is on the list. But we won’t simply buy “anyone” if we do a third just because three have left. Can’t see what the issue is with that or why there’s a need to spin it as a negative.

1 Like

I see the journo’s are gearing up for clickbait season and they’re catching lots of fish here.

1 Like

club have done a website update. interesting to see who they’re showing as first team thus far

(sorted by number on site)
GK - Allison, Adrian, Kelleher
Def - Gomez, VvD, Konate, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Williams, Phillips, TAA
Mid - Fabinho, Thiago, Mac Allister, Henderson, Jones, Elliot, Bajcetic
FW - Salah, Gakpo, Jota, Diaz, Nunez, Carvalho,

That’s 24…

loan - Pitaluga, Ramsay, van den Berg

I didn’t count the departing players who still show on the site. Milly, Keita, OxCham, Firmino

1 Like

I’m looking at that group of players right now, and I don’t see who else is coming in. lots of depth there

Allison (Adrian, Kelleher)
TAA (Gomez) Konate (Matip) Van Dijk (Williams, Phillips), Robertson (Tsimikas)
Fabinho (Bajcetic)
Henderson (Elliot) Mac Allister (Jones, Thiago)
Salah (Diaz) Gakpo (Nunez) Diaz (Jota, Carvalho)

That VVD depth isn’t though is it, also there is a serious lack of depth for Hendo.

In fact I expect a CD based on that.

To be honest it actually shows that another CM and CB is probably what we need.

Consistent with the rumours really. Also I expect we will sell one Phillips or Williams anyhow.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t even be counting on Hendo as a nailed down regular personally.

2 Likes

considering the performances of both Elliott and Jones in the final 10 weeks of the season, I think they’ll be rotated regularly for Henderson and Thiago. Which should keep them off the injury table. IIRC, Henderson has two years left, Thiago has one. Neither of them will move before end of contract.

If we are going to take the Cheaters apart next season, and wrestle the PL from them… we most definitely need some ‘heart and lungs’ in the team when we face them. Looking at that list… we still need at least one more player, if not two in the middle of the park that will give us this.
Play them at 200mph and we will beat them every time… Against the rest of the league, we can moderate our approach at a little less… maybe slow down a tad and just play at 100mph for the full 95mins and sweep up the points each time :0)

2 Likes

There is a high chance that Hendo, Jones, Thiago, Matip are going to spend some (hopefully not significant) time on the injury list. Williams and Phillips are terrible backup. The only part of that team where the quality is outstanding is keeper and forwards.

1 Like