The Owners - FSG

Probably, Chelsea have replaced it with a much larger one now. It’ll be in his garden somewhere in The Netherlands.

No, in costs to the club. I expect them to cut numbers over the next 12-24 months which will help offset some of the transfer related costs they face and cover the impact where a player’s value and contribution significantly drops while remaining on their books.

In the latter scenario, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have some insurance wangle set up or they are just sent out on loan.

Surely that assumes that the values of the surplus players (presumably not the best) will increase.

If an underperforming player is sent out on loan then that can only partially offset wages, although if the loan goes well it could increase their value. This is what we try to do with our academy players.

If a player is on high wages and injured then no-one in their right mind is going to take that on.

Of course all this is assuming that players are bought in for modest fees, not British records.

You forgot Moses :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

But with innovation coming over from baseball, Bogarde will seem like a short-termer someday.

No, why?

I think some of the values will potentially increase over time even if that is only due to the inflation in the market which Chelsea is helping drive but I don’t think the loss of a highly paid player through injury will derail them financially even if he was an expensive purchase and winds down his contract.

The bigger question for me given the rumoured offers to several players is the wage bill and how that is covered, particularly once the rules around capping to revenues comes in. We are yet to know whether there are commitments in these deals to offer new contracts with higher wages, increase wages without a new deal etc.

OK, I think I can see where we differ. I’m looking at the total cost of ownership which is transfer fee + wages + associated costs (agents etc). On the plus side you have the contribution that a player may make on the field, which will help generate revenue, plus any eventual compensation of a transfer fee out.

Having a player on the books is both an asset and a liability. Banking lots of players increases your potential liabilities as you may get stuck with a crocked player. However, it doesn’t necessarily increase revenue as you can only ever have 11 players on the pitch.

Of course there are player loans but that only really makes sense for younger players that you would hope would improve with match practice.

1 Like

My head is scrambled with all this money talk, amortisation etc. I knew that footy finances (transfer fees, salaries etc) were astronomically high. But some of the figures being quoted have sickened me. It’s truly heartbreaking to imagine what real good could be done with that money. :frowning::nerd_face:

12 Likes

So the big summer rebuild is still not happening 2 good players and a guy nearly as slow as Fabinho. No reinforcements for defence and Klopp has to play Gakpo as a midfielder. No appointment for all the backroom staff that left and Hogan doing our bidding, welcome to the comedy club.

With Bajčetić, Thiago and Jones fit again and Endo as our new 6 I don’t think we will see Gakpo in midfield much more.

6 Likes

Have you maybe thought that Klopp has to take some responsibility though?

2 Likes

For goodness sake don’t mention FSG culpability on here all you’ll immediately get slapped down. :flushed:

1 Like

I Know, i have already been attacked and called names, look at other forums they get what they deserve.
The 60m rebuild eh. :smiley:

Honestly, I’m tempted to ban you right away for this. I’ll refrain from it for the time being, and check your posts going forward, to see if you are an actual LFC supporter or not.

If you are a LFC fan though, you must be one of the most grumpy and miserable ones I’ve ever seen posting on this or other forums (never met someone in the flesh who would come anywhere near to this).

8 Likes

Attacked AND called names? Let’s get the authorities involved.

How Dare You What GIF by BLoafX

As my request don’t. If his posts do prove him to not be a LFC fan , he’ll be laughed off straight away.

1 Like

I’ve had my doubts for a couple of weeks now.

not sure why we entertain WUM’s in this place, to be honest. thinks real life is like FM.

2 Likes

You mean “utterly fucking clueless”.

I’m grumpy and miserable.

2 Likes

1 Like