The Owners - FSG

John Henry be like… Yes yes guys we are all in, no honestly we’ll make a public statement…

City/Chelsea/Utd all get kicked from European competitions this season…

LFC withdraw from the Super League

Henry be like.

5 Likes

Didi Hamann: “You may as well tear the Shankly statue down by the Kop. The European Super League goes against everything Liverpool Football Club stands for. We need to get our football clubs back. The American model doesn’t work in England.”

2 Likes

I posted this earlier in the thread but I’m most fascinated and intrigued by the reaction and emotion of my brothers and sisters here on this forum that were born and raised in England.

Club football in England is unlike any other “sport” anywhere in the world. I respect the roots, the heritage, the history, the bloodlines, the community, the connections you’ve made to your local. To that end, the rest of us around the world are simply spectators through all this. We could never truly understand how you feel.

This very much feels like an Americanisation of English football and European football. For me, my perception is that this “Super League” is simply an exhibition league.

2 Likes

Be better than what’s proposed if I’m honest.

1 Like

I have more concern that it kills European football as a spectacle than I do the Prem. I think the ESL has the capacity to turn into a glorified series of exhibitions.

7 Likes

Why are people surprised? The heart of the game died 20 years ago. The PL was about money. It just evolution.

Its an attempt for us to compete. I do not like it but stop the outrage.

2 Likes

Klopp clearly against the ESL, as I knew he would be. He has integrity and soul

3 Likes

Carra: "This is not Liverpool. This is John Henry and FSG. What him and other owners are doing is dragging Liverpool and other clubs as institutions through the mud, burning the history what these clubs are about.

"The only reason Liverpool are in this Super League is the fact they won 6 European cups and 19 league titles but only two of them came under FSG, so they use what Liverpool have done in their history to line their pockets. If Klopp leaves Liverpool on the back of this, then FSG will be driven out within one week.

“Football fans get together, all of us. Pundits, players, managers get together and stop this, because it can be stopped. We cannot allow this to happen.”

7 Likes

Expecting the situation to escalate before our game on Saturday morning at Anfield.

2 Likes

With all respect he can go and do one.

3 Likes

Well done Juergen. Tell it how it is…I have no doubt now, if this happens he will be off.

5 Likes

How about you have some respect? Glad to see our former players show passion and integrity

His position isn’t though as a former player, but for his employers IMO.

5 Likes

And criticism without alternative is pointless. So has Carra thought through the implication? What would it mean to choose to sit out this change. Honoring our history by removing ourselves from the top table?

7 Likes

I don’t agree. You can feel his passion as a fan. Same with Neville tbf

Like he said we should be leading the opposition. Honouring our history. Lobbying and shaming the other 5 clubs into dropping this America billionaire led abomination

2 Likes

And furthermore, if anything like that did happen, it would inevitably lead to a talent drain to other leagues. And fans would not like that.

1 Like

I’m totally against this Super League nonsense, it’s wrong. But how do you know it’s the Americans behind this?
And as for that cunt Neville, yeh he makes a few valid points but the stench of hypocrisy coming off him is unbearable. Why was the Premier League formed? I’ll tell you why, MONEY! And nobody gave a fuck then about the smaller clubs being left behind. Who became a multi millionaire on the back of the Premier League? Gary fucking Neville, that’s who. Among others of course.

9 Likes

He’s as entitled to his opinion,as are the rest of us.

But at least they had the chance to join it…how many teams have been members since it started? 49 actually…

This proposed league is a closed shop, isn’t it? How would Barnsley or Stoke ever aspire to join?

2 Likes