The Sackrace Thread

Given Bournemouth’s comments around it all, I think they just decided they didn’t want his opinion;

“In order for us to keep progressing as a team and a club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably,” said owner Maxim Demin.

“Aligned” must mean hoping for miracles with a championship squad?

“That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

The bit I really like is the bit about having had so much success in recent history - how long’s recent, because go back 16 months or so and they were being relegated - pretty damn recent and far from success.

Echo what others have said - given the fixtures, Parker’s done alright, and the sacking appears harsh. Parker clearly knows the squad depth isn’t there to compete and the owners will now end up with managers that over promiser and underdeliver, whilst the squad itself will not be happy, particulalrly if they got on with Parker.

Fuck em

2 Likes

Not very nice from Bournemouth, Scott even stopped dressing up like James Bond :confused:

Ok as someone who follows them you might want some perspective.

Parker started really well last season and Bournemouth and to be fair Fulham we’re running away with promotion.

Then they hit the buffers some absolutely poor results much like the season when we had injuries went on for about three months. They seemed to get some form together at the end but they’ve been generally terrible for some time and this was a team that bought a few in January.

The trajectory he has been down for some months, they were a bit lucky to see it through last spring. They haven’t spent like Forest given but they’ve had 9 new players since December of last year.

4 Likes

So last 3 games parke lost were against liv,mc,arse top 4 teams.
seems harsh as fucķ not even in bottom 3 ,

1 Like

I would assume they may consider Critchley now at Blackpool he would seem a option I feel.

1 Like

If they wanted to beat Cheaty, Arsenal, and Liverpool; they should had spent 100mil like Forest or West Ham.

Well to be fair to them, for such a small club, they’ve enjoyed incredible success in the last years (probably the ‘recent’ he was talking about). They have been punching above their weight all along, and have no right to be in the PL. Their stadium has room for less than 12k supporters. Even for the Championship, it’s a small place. They went from administration in 2008 to being promoted from League Two to the PL within six years. That’s a hell of an achievement to be honest.

So yes, they’ve enjoyed success over the last decade or so. Even being promoted again last season is a hell of an achievement in itself. Hence the idea to sack Parker so early in the season being a foolish one.

It should be noted that Demin, the owner, was first part-owner of the club from 2011 on, and then became sole shareholder in 2019.

3 Likes

Parker was head coach. His job was to work with what they have.

All done under Eddie Howe, evidently if Howe had said it with this achievements they may have backed him. Parker has had one excellent 2/3 a season. That’s probably what’s done for him not just the start but their patchiness last season.

For about 10 weeks they were god awful. The 6 signings in January had an impact. Evidently they probably don’t have the funds to compete however they probably needed to be promoted to guarantee parachute payments as otherwise they’d have some issues.

1 Like

Managers who lost their jobs after playing Klopp:
Guidolin (Swansea)
Bilic (West Ham)
Jokanovic (Fulham)
Mourinho (United)
Silva (Everton)
Parker (Bournemouth)

7 Likes

Yep - and they’re not good enough, so when his bosses come to him and say “we will finish in 15th or above right Scotty lad” and he’s looking at the squad thinking no chance, he has two options - either tell the owners that they’re deluded and they need more depth, or he can just lie and crack on.

Kinda like asking someone to drive an HGV from London to Scotland but with half a tank of fuel, two flat tyres, and no AA card or money. It won’t happen.

Maybe Parker just wanted the sack, get his money, and be free from the impending pain.

1 Like

Probably better explained here

2 Likes

At least now he’s free to be cast as the next 007.

1 Like

Why assume the owners are deluded and not just looking at a larger picture here?

I’m not surprised Parker was sacked and I bet he isn’t either. In fact he’s probably been angling for it judging by his recent comments. His team lost 9-0. One of the worst performances I can remember seeing from a PL club. They played like they’d thrown the towel in and the manager sounded the same after the game.

Fair point.

I guess it comes down the opinions of Parker v the Owners - and clearly there were/are differences, and in that case the owners will always remain the owners and head coaches/managers are sent packing. Just football I guess.

In terms of what I’ve said in the thread, it’s purely based on what we get to see (football games on the pitch) - and for Bournemouth to have 3 points from the 4 games they’ve had is reasonable. I also assume(d) that Parker has built a good rapport with most of his players (can’t be all!) and some squad unity, seeing as they’ve gained promotion together. Losing unity can be hard to pull back together when new management and coaches turn up. Of course, the players could be the catalyst for it all, whereby they’re not happy with Parker and made it be known to club staff. Lots of its, buts and maybes.

1 Like

I guess losing 9-0 costs you a job more often that not

That said, Ralf’s still in charge at Saints after losing 9-0 twice (to Leicester and United).

2 Likes

I Curse You Magic Mike GIF by Curious Pavel

Thanks. That’s a bit more than I could remember.
Hope to notch one more soon; the big bollocks Fwank.

Pogba?