The Sackrace Thread

Bologna were a fantastic side to watch, caught them several times over the season. Their next match is home against Juventus, chance to take a firm hold on 3rd. Most of the rumours are that he will indeed stay, and has received assurances that he will be backed. Serie A overall has been far more interesting in the past few years than the PL, and this is just one more story that contributes to that.

That said, you have to think with Tuchel out at Bayern now, they will be calling his agent. Motta is now firmly in the mix of names that get mentioned.

2 Likes

According to Italian press, heā€™s going to be the next Juventus manager, who are going to sack Allegri later today. While I did want us to sign Alonso as Kloppā€™s successor, part of me was thinking ā€œyeah, I wouldnā€™t do it if I was him, not at this pointā€, same goes for Motta. I hope he stays there because thereā€™s not much point in achieving such a result without seeing where it can take you and the team.

That would be really, really weird timing - sacking Allegri on the Friday before they play Bologna, from whom they want to poach a manager.

Sounds like Juveā€¦

Thereā€™s actually a page with live updates regarding that particular situation! :joy:

and that after a Cup final they won!

He has not done a good job even accounting for the behind the scenes issues at the club. But the reality is that a guy who offers no push back to the label as a manager who can only solve problems with a new more expensive player was never a good fit for the situation they were in after Prilo left. I think the only thing more surprising than them sacking him today is that he got this many seasons in the first place

1 Like

Itā€™s official - heā€™s out. Juveā€™s statement references something about his behavior at and after the Copa final in midweek as being unacceptable, but I havenā€™t read anything about what it is he has supposed to have done.

Failed to give the ref a bribe in the approved Juve manner?

Was he respectful or somethingā€¦

Unfitting of such a scummy club.

1 Like

Someone should tell Pep the cocaine in Italy hits hard these days.

BREAKING: Burnley have placed Craig Bellamy, assisted by Mike Jackson, in the roles of Acting Head Coach and Assistant Head Coach

:muscle:t4:Bellers

1 Like

Bayern missed out by not allowing Kompany to take him to Bavaria with him

2 Likes

This is probably Burnley not letting him go.

Well, we have a race leader, but itā€™s not much of a race as thereā€™s only one competitor.

Dyche. Sacked in the morning? Maybe not, but lose the next game and I think heā€™ll be on the way out.

1 Like

I had Howe as my favourite but old Dyche is trying his best to take the win.

Not sure Dyche knows how to win :0)

1 Like

See Howe being the type to go at a seasons end unless it goes badly

Howe wonā€™t leave such a well-remunerated job. Heā€™s got no chance of landing anything better-paid.

The only way he goes is if heā€™s sacked.

Thats what I meant he wonā€™t be sacked though. He will be let go at the end of a season.

Newcastle can bide their time. Like LIV golf just seems to exist currently