The Spursy Thread

Maureen has been left behind by Klopp or Pep.
His dated football is no longer relevant.
Totally wrong choice by Levy to appointment him.

4 Likes

they looked so poor yesterday i couldn’t believe it. mourinho style of dropping deep out of possession even when at home looks so out dated, everton found it so easy to play.

I tend to agree with Jose to be honest,i don’t like his team either.

8 Likes

Ok. I’ve got to give this series a watch.

3 Likes

Jose made a fair point about how limited a pre-season he had. Everyone had a short one, but his was extra affected by important players not being available. Key in that was Kane being unavailable for 2 weeks of it because of quarantine. It certainly sounded like a dig, even though he didnt mentioned him by name.

If I was a spurs fan the thing Id be worried about after yesterday is that despite acknowledging the pre-season challenges, that is likely their best side. I don’t see what they do to get that much better? Find the version of Ali from 4 season ago? Think they can sneak Erikson back into the side and pretend he is Hojbjerg?

When he listened to “YNWA” with Wenger and now seeing how much the guy loved his dog :thinking:
you have to respect him a little bit.
Pity he comes across as such a prick most of the time.

Literally the only reason why I watched the game yesterday was Ancelotti and his new midfield. I’ve always had a soft for him after all. I literally can’t stand to watch Mourinho’s sides anymore, I don’t see anything I want to see in football - togetherness, passion, belief, effort, everyone pulling in the same direction. Atletico Madrid play defensive football but it has all of these traits. Hell, Pulis’ Stoke had all of these traits. In my opinion, Mourinho’s Tottenham has none and I don’t I’ll bother watching them this season.

1 Like

Jose will play all the same players again next match, but not necessarily in their correct positions. He’s determined to get the big purse opened so he can buy some new players.

1 Like

The Eric Morecambe of football managers?

For the youngsters who haven’t got a clue what I’m referencing

3 Likes

Does that make Levy his Andre Preview?

3 Likes

He’s certainly not very wise.

2 Likes

:rofl:
6 Likes

Am confused how these memes are coming up. Any context where this came up originally? I saw another one. These are as funny as Pep talking to empty chair :rofl:

3 Likes

It would have come from the Amazon docu series they did on Spurs last season

2 Likes

It’s fascinating to see what Mourinho is after in the transfer window on Levy’s budget. Doherty, Hoiberg, and now after Bas Dost (31 yr old 6 foot 4 battering ram cf with a name second only to Max Power). After Bale on loan and now competing with united for the left back from real. The LB from real aside (don’t know anything about him), do any of those signings help the team? They seem to be settling comfortably into mid table side and are signing players appropriately. Not sure any are an upgrade over what they’ve got or sold.

Bale is a wildcard, but seems destined for failure. Maybe he can rediscover joy somewhere, but injuries are never far away with him.

1 Like

MOU in EP7 at halftime of the CL match v Leipzig: “There is no time to touch your balls, there is no time to say fuck off, this is no time to be disappointed there is no time drop back”

:joy::rofl:

EDIT: go back thru my posting history on TIA and I’ve said how much I like Mou. I get him as a person. I loathed him years ago but the more he ages, the more I find myself appreciating his villainous charm. That said, I do understand the criticisms of him and his managerial style. He leaves rubble and ash wherever he goes. I wish him success just not against us.

3 Likes

Not top drawer signings obviously, but you can see how each one improves them. Aurier is shite and a walking red card, so Doherty a big improvement there, similarly Reguilon sounds like an upgrade on Davies, who is bang average.

Hojbjerg is a pretty decent player, and Mourinho is likely to get more out of him than the likes of Winks and Ndombele - obviously the latter seems potentially more talented, but he’s had injury and settling issues, while Mourinho seems to have nominated him as the player he needs to throw under the bus.

Bas Dost, I dunno, but I guess he’s mainly there to cover Kane so is a replacement for Llorente more than anything.

I think Bale will add some quality to the front line, more so than Moura. A front three of Kane, Son and Bale looks pretty good.

3 Likes

I personally won’t be happy if they lose Dele,that will definitely make them better losing a lazy fucker like him.

6 Likes

Mou must be a closet Red. As he ruined 2 clubs in manu and Chelsea for us. And currently ruining spurs. Hope his next target will be Manc.

5 Likes

His disgruntled visage showed he was a Red, Jose, Jose
I’ll fool you all and lie it said, Jose, Jose
He fucked up Chelsea and United first
Then went to Tottenham and made them worse
Jose Mourinho Liverpool’s closet fan

16 Likes