Thiago ALCANTARA: 2022/23

Kostas it has been suggested should be back for Palace as well (he will be back in training regardless).

Jota won’t be back before the break I feel though apparently he is close to training, more to do with full fitness.

1 Like

Not a knee-jerk but I do think we would be wise to bring someone in, if there is anyone we like who is available. Not a crisis yet, but could easily become one :frowning:

He is on the way back.

If that’s recent it’s positive

Need him back asap. We can then pass through the midfield better.

Shame the CL final that last injection basically ruined it.

He is back

4 Likes

Can’t see him starting on Wednesday, but 20mins off the bench would be great.

1 Like

A bit into the future, would you extend his contract beyond 2024? He will be 33 by that time.

1 Like

I’ve been holding off making any snap judgements on our recent form until Thiago is back in the midfield. If we are still crap then I will be seriously worried but I don’t think we will be.

Almost a month?!?!?

Fuck me it’s felt like 4 years, Are Milner and Hendo that bad?

I think the fact Klopp simply hasn’t had anything on the bench doesn’t help.

Especially as the club evidently has a plan for pre season.

3 Likes

How can we switch Thiago to Milner’s body? :thinking:

2 Likes

Class player, nothing else to say.

We had a shortage of that type of player/midfielder in last years and decades.

1 Like

Been left out of the Spain squad good news

2 Likes

Well they are fools!
Thankfully

I think they are being smart and saving him for the big one.

1 Like

To be honest he has become a bit part in recent years, if he goes I’m fine but having played one and half games I’m glad Spain saw fit to leave him at his club, even if they take him in November.

Some other national teams would be wiser to do so.

He was back in the last squad with his brilliant form. I guess now he just played too little football compared to their other midfield options. If he puts on a run of games, stays fit and is in form, I think he might go to the WC.

1 Like