Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Might have gone early on this one, United’s stock price shot from $20 to almost $23 last night. This morning it was either going right up (as those in the know would know) or tail off. Currently at $21.97 and dropping. Was $19 on Wednesday.

1 Like

No idea why people are certain that Qatar are buying Utd.

They made their final bid last Friday, but still no word if it was accepted - had it been then tht would likely have already been leaked to the media. Plus it is the deal that is least appealing to the Glazers as they want to retain around 20% of shares as they want the dividends. Jim’s offer allowed that, Qatar only want full ownership so is less appealing to the Glazers

I can’t be arsed to read the gloating so what actually changed?

I just came here and saw the title and assumed it had changed, was it just the share price. Which is never the best indication especially if they revert back later in the day.

I think that was their fourth, final, bid. Expecting a fifth at some point.

1 Like

I’m not so sure, I read somewhere that after they put the bid in, they told the Raine Group that this was their last bid and would walk away if not accepted, but can’t remember where I read it.

From the Athletic:

"Bid insiders also insisted there has been no communication about the Glazers’ decision, or if it has even been made.

The rumour appears to trace back to a Twitter account, apparently based in Cardiff in Wales, advertising illegal football streaming with barely 300 followers, which was then amplified by a major Qatari newspaper and its editor."

2 Likes

Coming Soon… Ten Hag’s New Signings :0)

So when’s the 4th deadline being set for? Start of the next season?

Can’t see why there is a delay

They busy with Maguire’s new contract.

1 Like

I dont think they want to sell now they’ve realized the alternative deals that are available to them to keeps their dividends in place. You’d image the deal with Ratcliff would be more complicated and not just the same case of slapping a price down and waiting for someone to meet it as would be the case for the full sale.

2 Likes

True, I assume the only deal they wish to do is the one with Radcliffe but that is far more complex.

LOL…bit of a Freudian slip from me to call him Ratcliff

1 Like

Apparently all offers are still on the table.

That take it or leave it offer had the desired effect then.

:person_shrugging:t2:

My gut feeling thinks it will be Qatar. Believe when it matters they are capable of putting in a better offer to the Glazers than jim. Qatar have definitely got the fans on their side.

i hope Hicks and Gillett come in with an 11th hour winning bid!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1669443648725843968?t=nT0sWiwGfEiwAC_mBzYr9A&s=19

1 Like

Seems it’s all conflicted.

1 Like

It’ll be like the Newcastle deal I suspect - the lawyers/business minds of Qatar will put enough layers between the family riches and a number of “legitimate” businesses to make a convincing story, meanwhile the govt here will want the investment etc (saves them doing it themselves).

Football’s fucked. Would be nice for the PL/FA/whoever to veto it, if they have any such power - but then again some oiled palms makes everything better.

I do wonder if Alessia Russo’s decision to move to Arsenal from United is due to the sale of the club - I certainly hope thats why - it’s pissed a lot of United fans off

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1669431309205229571?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

Yet another player they’ve courted for ages being tempted elsewhere.

1 Like