Those jammy fuckers down the M62

I wasn’t aware that was still a thing. Did the glazers phone up the Greek authorities and go “can you do us a favour”.

After all if he was to face a custodial sentence that would probably give them grounds to terminate :joy:

i know i shouldnt, as the guys is a multi squillionaire playing the game i love…but…

i feel a bit for Harry McGuire, in this age there seems no path to redemption, forever to be the face of joke Memes etc etc, theres a real human side to this, an individual that climbed so high, yet ended up being out of his depth…what was he to do in reality though? turn down an offer from UTD?

reminds me in small ways of Heskey at LFC, absolutely smashed from pillar to post during the end of his time here, but he was an honest pro, he wasnt going to say to Ged ‘dont play me today boss, im not good enough’

albeit Heskey was a thoroughly decent Human by most metrics and Mcguire seems a bit more narcisitic, but mason greenwood he is not

1 Like

Always thought Heskey would have bossed it if Sami had have smacked him a few times in the tunnel on the way out.

Save your pity! The reality is he won’t be once he retires. Heskey is no longer in that position either. I liked Emile and remember his brilliant treble season with us and when he had confidence and was on he was a beast.

1 Like

I’m not comparing his actions with Greenwood’s it’s Manchester United’s actions I’m mocking.

Captain , O Their Captain

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

1 Like

What fans?

This?

Or this?

Or this?

Or this?

1 Like

Hope this news doesn’t crash the forums.

Anyone have any thoughts on him? I see a lot of United supporters saying he’s full of the positive kind of arrogance and he’d “relish the pressure of the #7”, but he looked like he was going to shit himself in his apps for Argentina.

Little I’ve seen of him for United, he does seem to make some noise when he comes into a game, but it’s usually bluster. I know he had that late winner vs. Fulham.

He’s fast, tricky, self-confident and seems to have end product - exactly what Man United and Argentina need with their current options. I’m not sure if he’s good enough to be a regular starter at this moment but they could hardly have a better option off the bench.

I think he’s the next in the long line of youth players who they strike gold with and save their club’s ass, especially after Antony’s lacklustre debut season (I’m not saying he won’t improve, it’s just that Garnacho looked better than him whenever I saw him play).

He’s no Macheda :joy:

2 Likes

… or Januzag !

1 Like

He feels like another overrated United youth product. The kind of arrogance he plays with isn’t the good kind, he’s hot-headed and seems easily wound up.

That said, he is a tidy player and can score goals, but I feel like his ceiling is a change-of-pace sub to bring on when you’re chasing a goal, not someone to lead the line or rely on as a full-time number 7. He’d benefit from being the third guy in a good front 3 with two world-class forwards up there with him, but as United don’t have that, I doubt he makes the jump to the next level.

The trouble with United at the moment is that their team needs a complete overhaul - they’ve spent horribly for the past 10 years and those chickens are coming home to roost. They need 2 new CBs, a new RB, at least 3 mids and 3 forwards. Oh, and a new GK as well. Ten Hag will probably be given some leeway if he keeps getting top 4, but I reckon if they spend another 200M this summer and they slip out of the CL places, he’ll get the axe, just like so many before him.

3 Likes

Janet jam jam.

According to my autocorrect :joy:

Let’s face it, he’s crap. I’d be gutted if he was our player ready to be subbed on. Rather see Doak coming off the bench.

1 Like

:man_facepalming::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is this a ‘why haven’t we signed anyone yet’ protest?

Some mumblings around that Glazers aren’t selling.

To be fair the rumours over this sell of the club remind me of the Saudi deals over players.

Basically announce a deal without even speaking to the player, then the player signs elsewhere.