Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Sharpening up his “image”…Oh dear lord… :roll_eyes:

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1675786545360453632

His image needs more than just sharpening.

1 Like

What is Sun Sport?

Hearing some gossip that they’re interested in Sofyan Amrabat and have even agreed terms with him.

Could be looking at Onana, Amrabat, Mount and Hojlund for around 200m, not too much there to be fearful of.

While Casemiro & Mount or Eriksen at the base seems a bit too offensive or open, Casemiro & Amrabat seems too defensive. I know Casemiro himself won’t be there forever, but speaking right now ahead of next season at least.

Right now, it seems like they can only do a few things, with the whole club sale cloud hanging above them. It is a chance for other sides, us included, to take advantage of that and go above them next season.

Currently, I don’t think they will have that much money to get all of the above mentioned players, some of whom are either their first (Onana) or second (Hojlund, possibly) targets.

Hojlund especially, I think The Athletic wrote a few days ago that Atalanta are asking too much money (€100m) for United’s perspective.

1 Like

Flattening ?

2 Likes

Utd’s main midfield trio last season was with Casemiro Eriksen at the base and Bruno as the #10 or the advanced of the 3 until Eriksen got injured, he seemed to transition into that deep lying playmaker role pretty well…that may well appear very different with an injury to Casemiro however.

United are crap. We were just crapper. Won’t happen 2 seasons in a row.

3 Likes

From your lip to God’s ear, Hermano.

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1676111093221978112?s=20

Deleted. Already posted.

1 Like

Nice new font, reminds me of their European one in '00.

@Arminius, I see that Mount has signed on a 5+1 deal. So more than 5 is still possible, or only if it’s a + option?

If you’re talking about contract length, players can sign for any length (Chelsea already signed someone else on an 8 year deal), it’s just you can no longer amortise the fee over more than 5 years I believe.

1 Like

The UEFA rule doesn’t limit contracts to just 5 years as I understand it, it just doesn’t count the additional years for purposes of allocating the transfer costs. So as far as UEFA is concerned, there is no difference between a 5+1 and a 6, both are a 5 year contract for their financial regulations.

In practice, the fact that there is no regulatory incentive for clubs to sign a 6 year plus contract should mean they all but disappear. The players who would be willing to sign a long-term contract are probably not the ones the clubs want to sign on those terms, and vice versa. Agents won’t want their 23 year old to sign a 7 year contract, clubs won’t want to offer a 7 year contract to a 27 year old.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Why does it look like they are doing the media in one of those fan webcam show studios.

:nauseated_face: