Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Haaland Vs Hojlund.

The meme’s will never end if this guy flunks.

What idiot was the referee?

The Hojlund thing is interesting. He’s not a 20+ goals a season striker, but he seems to be the best available in their price range. Seems now that PSG are wanting him, and they can probably pay better wages than United at this point.

If he goes to them, United are basically humped, because the only other quality striker who might be available is Osimhen, but would likely cost way more than United can afford, even with offloading the likes of McTominay and Slabhead.

You absolutely love to see it.

1 Like

I am not sure - those friendlies are in an odd category in disciplinary terms and sanctioning bodies. Presumably an American local/regional referee who may have been taken off guard by how ManU was playing in a profile friendly against what is after all a League 2 side. FFS, arguably 2 reds in a friendly. WTF is that?!?

He actually sent off a ManU player for a much lesser challenge (call it orangish), I am fairly certain it would have been a yellow in the absence of that tackle on Mullins. It had all the hallmarks of a referee who thinks he has lost control of a match reasserting authority.

Premier League refs should be taking notice, because Ten Hag clearly is coaching his players to be extremely physical and aggressive.

3 Likes

United hoping to get 40m each for McTom and Slabhead ?

1 Like

And United still lost 3-1 in a friendly to a league 2 side. Even being 10 men down , that still takes some doing.

Newcastle is doing the same.

United has made Fernandes the captain now he can keep on asking for cards all match long

1 Like

Not yet, but I think the expectation from those who include him in these best prospect lists do so because they expect him to be. Scoring that many goals in Serie A at that age is no mean feat.

1 Like

He’ll start to be shite the moment he joins United. Remember the hype around Martial.

1 Like

I think that is entirely possible :joy:

He strikes me as more of a traditional CF, plays with his back to goal and holds up play well. I’m not sure if it’ll translate well to the PL or not. PL defenses tend to be more proactive (in the main) and work to cut out passing lanes in and around the box.

It’s possible he can be molded into a more direct striker, but it remains to be seen. Feels like United just need that poacher type in the Haaland mold, and Hojlund is not that (yet).

If they want to be better in possession and play the sort of proactive front foot football EtH says he wants to play, that link up striker is exactly what they need.

1 Like

It was clearly what he was hoping for from Weghorst

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

Maybe. I feel like that has them back to relying on Rashford for all of their goals, and we know he can’t sustain much output for consecutive seasons.

Martinez did it again. He really is a cunt

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1684574815884308482?s=20

Can’t fault Italy for the loan market. Forget the option to buy it is Italy and it’s Maguire.

His strike rate is less good than Borini’s at Roma the season before we bought him :joy:

Italian clubs and their loan with an option to buy - you gotta love them chancers :rofl:

West Ham: ‘£20m’

ManU: ‘we can not accept. That’s too much’

3 Likes