Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Like Hojlund, Onana has also been praised for the past few weeks, these articles mainly revolving around his ability on the ball, how he would change Man United’s style for the better, make them play from the back and with a high line… Their friends in media are working overtime these days.

As a side note, only James Ducker made a point that Ten Hag has now spent around 400 million pounds, that this is now his team and that he must deliver. That kind of spending would make Guardiola blush.

7 Likes

I’ve seen EtH push back a bit on press suggestions this is now his team. You can read into that what you will, but if you’re looking for evidence of a guy trying to lower expectations that would be it.

I think we’re still considerably in the dark over the balance of power between him and Murtaugh’s team. Onana is definitely an EtH signing. Hojlund looks maybe more a Murtaugh signing given he’s still more a project than a ready made solution. Maybe that provides some mitigation for EtH in the eyes of the board if things dont go great this season.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

EtH is a good coach. But his transfer’s leave much to be desired. United with their scattergun transfer approaches seem to convey the meaning that their scouting/analytics team don’t actually do much. They just seem to run behind whoever finds the eye of whichever manager for that season.

Had to look up who Murthaugh is.

English CL winner and the guy who was great at the World Cup definitely sound like United signings.

Onana was already an Ajax player and Hojlund - like many other Scandinavian players - I’m surprised that he did not come through Ajax academy.

United needed to make a big ticket goalkeeper signing and Onana was the only guy willing to come. He isn’t as good as what United believe.

Hojlund is a signing of desperation. United have been known to do that. Not doing that leaves United at the mercy of the fans and their Glazer out chants.

Mount is a typical post Fergie United signing. The signings of Fellaini , Mata just because they needed to make a statement. Someone who isn’t going to improve United.

They don’t have a plan. Their only recourse if Hojlund doesn’t work is that his agent hawks him to another club at 40-45m. If they give him too much in terms of salary , finding a buyer is going to be tough. We’ve faced that with Keita and United have faced much worse.

Still don’t know where Mount plays for United.

Despite what many think, he is not a midfielder. Perhaps he could play in Fernandes’ position, but Fernandes is far, far better.

Really, he should probably take Anthony’s spot, given how underwhelming he has been. Wonder if Ten Hag will have the courage to drop his biggest signing.

1 Like

The little I’ve seen of them so far that appears to be where he’s been playing. Given they already have Anthony, Sancho and a couple if highly rated kids, it seems like an odd use of 50+ million when they have a real need for a quality ball playing CM.

I rate him more highly than some of the more critical people here, but this move is one I dont the benefit of for either party.

1 Like

If the PL referee’s yellow card the cunt Casemiro everytime he does a foul worthy of that , United are fucked,

1 Like

Way I saw Mount he was a bit of a risk for me his form had dropped and you kind of worry about that.

Talk he was our first choice also I think is a bit naive considering who we bought in as Dom to me is the far better player.

The door opened on Dom and we were more than willing to sign a player who I think can actually go far. If anyone was our first choice it was Macallister.

Let this seasons party begin :0)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1685885572441939969

It’s all gonna kick off now :rofl:

1 Like

That 20m looks good

That is a wild write up. Two times more coverage of bust ups than of the football

Agent Maguire doing his best and keeping United shite.

I’d like to see Onana vs Lisandro when he fucks up (and he will).
Dis Gon B Gud GIF

Probably regretting this already.

West Ham to return to the table with a new and improved 10m bid.

United rejecting the bid because they want only 5m

1 Like

After Ramus Højlund’s deal gets done, Ten Hag will officially have a higher net spend (€396M) than Jurgen Klopp’s entire time at Liverpool(€375M).

Is that true?

1 Like

Sounds believable, they’ve spent a shit-ton and AFAIK have barely made anything back through sales

5 Likes

Sounds about right, what ZB said.

3 Likes