Those jammy fuckers down the M62

At this point , Maguire has stagnated to the extent that he’s a championship level defender at best.

1 Like

He shouldn’t be anywhere near the England side but no national team goes and plays with the high defensive line nowadays. Which is a shame.

FIFY :joy:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1692539320131817856?s=20

They are doing remarkably well at this.

Hell we were embarrassing after a player turned us down according to Twitter, if we ever did this I’d be sick.

Oddly, I have not seen a lot of spin/plan about elaborate displays of contrition/atonement. The fact that they have taken the time to produce an enemies list, but apparently have not yet used that in a mitigation plan is embarrassing. if you are going to be an amoral sporting organization which is concerned only with the bottom line and sporting performance, at least be professionals about it.

I am actually surprised that Ten Haag has not said ‘fuck this, it is not worth it’. He had nothing to do with the problem, Greenwood had been suspended months before. Sure, he needs goals in the side, but he probably needs focus more.

2 Likes

I would have paid him off and cut their losses it’s not like they aren’t a major sports team awash in money.

There was enough to suggest the actions in the social media post could have deemed to have brought disrepute.

Even with my Union I doubt I’d survive something like this in my job. Though I do deal with clients who are victims in these types of cases.

Calling charities who support those women and men “hostile” go fuck yourself Manchester United and every fan who supports this.

7 Likes

If the Scum are sooooo concerned they have an obligation to Greenwood because they have schooled him since 7yrs of age… They should offer him a job on the coaching staff then… Something in-house, that would save/prevent parading him, directly in the faces of the football fans at each ground, should they play him in their first team again… In fact, why not have him sitting next to Slur Alex each week from the stands, lets see if he supports bringing Greenwood back

That’s some indictment of their setup.

5 Likes

Just a matter of time before someone gets something like #RapistUnited circulating. Nike already dropped him, does Adidas want this kind of association - particularly when Women’s Football is attracting more attention than ever before.

4 Likes

Yes, it seems odd they are going down this route when playing up the new kit deal and its inclusion of the women’s team.

Do think a return is inevitable though. They’ll run the PR campaign through. The fact that his victim is sticking with him possibly allows him to get out of jail.

1 Like

Do we change the thread title to “Rape United” or “Domestic Abuse United” now or do we wait until the plays for them again?

He’s the perfect transfer target for the Saudi league. He has all the natural attributes that they crave. Will be at home with Neymar and Ronaldo.

Well, I think that would be uglier than we would like, but certainly not ‘prettying’ it up by minimizing it to ‘domestic abuse’. This is rape, plain and simple.

1 Like

Sex or attempted sex without consent is rape.

No it’s no buts

No consent with any sexual conduct is sexual assault.

As I said he brought his position with the club and the club into disrepute. It’s why I can only see Mendy winning his case with Man City due to employment law. His position as a club representative would be more shaky.

1 Like

Where has the above record of what he allegedly said come from?

Transcript of the recording Manchester United and the Mason Greenwood mess of their own making - The Busby Babe

1 Like

he’s a ticking timebomb IMO,

he will embarrass Man Utd again in the future

1 Like

United will be crapping their pants with the worry that Greenwood will sue them if they kick him down the road… Due to the amount of time he has been attending the academy, growing from child into man, in what is a male, predominately testosterone environment, with little or no contact with the female gender in these times of training etc… Some slick lawyer, looking to make a name for himself, will likely advise Greenwood, not only do Utd have a moral obligation towards you… but they are partially to blame for creating the monster you have become… so lets sue the Glazers arse…!!!
In this age of sensitive ‘easily hurt’ feelings, mixed with compensation culture… Greenwood is unlikely to melt away into the background quietly… The headache Utd are facing with all this, is unprecedented in the game… Personally, I hope we see scorched earth with both parties suffering because of what has happened…

I wouldn’t take that particularly seriously as a Director. What would the tort be? You made me into the prick I have been denying that I am, ergo you need to pay me? Plus, I expect that ManU is in within their rights to terminate the contract due to his conduct, notwithstanding the state of criminal charges.

But they could just offer to buy out his contract, let him go on a free as a rich young man - having protected their club.

3 Likes