Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Except Casemiro who everyone admits that is started the process of ageing , no one in the top 6 earners list is good enough to play for Liverpool, City , Arsenal.

Unlucky? I know theyā€™re referring to Spurs/Arsenal, but itā€™s almost like they didnā€™t watch their own Wolves or Forest gamesā€¦the lack of self-awareness is incredible (yet unsurprising).

Sancho, the new Sanchez. United never learned from the last time they broke their wage structure. :rofl:

He was a decent stop-gap move, but too much money for someone the wrong side of 30 (exactly two weeks younger than me). Think this year is gonna be rough for him. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I have a hard time believing that he didnā€™t once have them, there arenā€™t that many George Bests in modern footy. Sancho clearly developed his game at Dortmund, and that takes work. But the environment at ManU has ruined him, at least for now. Realistically, with a contract that goes to 2026, he would be walking away from at least Ā£30M to move elsewhere. We can all say that sporting development is important, but precious few of us would take that risk. So he goes into training clearly demotivated and uninspired, and by Summer 2025, not many people will see much of what they once did.

Old Trafford is a graveyard for talent.

6 Likes

:sweat_smile:
https://twitter.com/jamjam1905/status/1698678111200530836?s=20

jerk off ed edd and eddy GIF

Some reporting that the breakdown is because they found a move for him and he chose not to take it, precisely because of these financial considerations. In the past players have been pilloried for ā€œstealing a paycheckā€ in these circumstances, but these days heā€™s got just as much chances of kick starting his career by outlasting EtH at Utd and getting a shot under a new manager there than he does by moving, especially he doesnt fancy the set up at the proposed new club.

1 Like

ā€œā€¦consider this: only three of Unitedā€™s outfield players completed more passes than AndrĆ© Onana. And only four outfielders had more touches than the United goalkeeper, who spent much of the game walking slowly with the ball at his feet. It felt, at times, like Unitedā€™s strategy was to bore Arsenal and their supporters into submission.ā€

From

1 Like

Iā€™ve just read the latest allegations and came to comment on them. If this is true, then itā€™s beyond me if Ten Hag/their club hadnā€™t known about them prior to signing him. This is Greenwood-level vile, beating up a woman, who was also pregnant at the time.

Iā€™ve always worried what would the reaction be if a Liverpool player committed such a crime, I truly hope it never happens. If it does, I hope heā€™s sacked immediately.

5 Likes

We had something like that happen with Flanagan and he was shown the door almost fucking immediately.

8 Likes

More comedy over the Dea Gea to Onana ā€œupgradeā€

Bought a goalie who had ā€œretiredā€ from international football. 1 month in he has unretired and is now likely to miss a month of games over the winter because of AFCON

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Man Utd is the one which gave him the salary. He can very well collect the paycheck , run down his contract and then go and play with a West ham.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so. In the world of competitive sports , even stagnation is a regression. I donā€™t think heā€™s having the motivation to go out and prove himself especially after he landed a bumper contract with United. If United had bought him on with a performance based contract , then maybe. But giving him 350k a week is just no incentive for him.

Time to bust out Eddie Murphy in Trading Places.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

2 Likes

Do you know what happened at Ajax and Promes when Ten Hag was the manager? Promes stabbed a family member at a party, he is convicted for that now but at the time Ten Hag said that he spoke with Promes about it and was told by that same Promes it was not true and that he believed him ā€¦ A few months later later he was sold to Spartak in Russia where he still is. Promes is still under investigation for smuggling Cocaine.

That is Ten Hag for you.

3 Likes

Surprised that he is still without a club, only 33.

Gonna have to resort to The Golden Girls nextā€¦

:nerd_face: isnā€™t that from The Distinguished Gentleman ?

Can You Believe This Excuse Me GIF

Reported :rofl::rofl:

Youā€™re right!!!

GAH!

ABORT ABORT!!!

1 Like

And it was even more commendable considering he was a Liverpool lad whoā€™d made good.

1 Like