Those jammy fuckers down the M62

I’m afraid I have to ask ; How the fuck would she know ?

love and hip hop shut up GIF by VH1

Looking at their financials, They do look forked.

Amazing how Glaziers did a leveraged buyout of the club and walk away with millions in dividends every year and still are looking to get 6-7B for a sale.

They aren’t great, but the loss is smaller than the amortization expense, cash is increasing, and dividends are being paid. That’s why the club was taken off the market. The Glazers aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

4 Likes

lol

https://x.com/trollfootball/status/1699441873348084145?s=46&t=o3XUPKxiqJH7KZYdWMCtqg

Buy a company with someone else’s money, suck all the value out of it and then walk away when there is no blood left to squeeze out of it allowing them to declare bankruptcy

American Dream Rnc GIF by Election 2016

6 Likes

It did read like a first-year UG essay from ‘Introduction to Financial Management’ or something.

If the fans showed concern for the financial situation of the club I’d give them more time, always seems to come back to not having funds to buy players.

Maybe it just needs to be spent better.

Martial
Sancho
Antony
Holjund

Compared to
Dias
Gakpo
Nunez
Jota

Not looked it up but I bet our four were cheaper and have contributed far more. Effectively ETH is a limited manager who decided to buy what he knew not considering they weren’t good enough. Jury is out on the last lad but I’d be surprised if he proves to be any better than Jota or Nunez.

Liverpool has cut according to cloth and at times that’s left them short when certain signings have had injury problems if they had spent like Man Utd they’d probably have the addition trophies and would have finished top 4.

The fact they’ve outperformed Man Utd in literally every season bar 2 in the last 7 and only really last year is there the drop in revenue due to the different competitions they have demonstrated a poorly run club.

It’s not just about signing the cheques, Glazers have done that. It’s about running it efficiently and even the bit piece solution we’ve had in place this summer looks more effective

2 Likes

United won’t be attracting the same caliber of young talent that Liverpool would under Klopp.

Why would any youngster in their right minds chose United over Liverpool ?

Exactly. It is reasonable for a fan to feel frustrated that they are at the end of the window and having to scramble to finance a loan deal for a cut price stop gap for a hole that is pretty evident. Interpreting that as having not spent enough rather than being critical of how they have chosen to spend the considerable sums they’ve spent it childish nonsense

2 Likes

Don’t mind that but they spent big on players who haven’t pushed on.

Sancho is a massive case in point, to me he is still a good player but what has happened there is beyond me.

I’m looking at cash flow from operations less cash flow from investments. That’s cash that comes in and out of the club without financing. It includes profits, amortization, etc. From June 30, 2017 to March 31, 2023, that accumulated deficit has been -£291 million. To help fund that deficit, they borrowed £100 million.

Net debt, which is total debt less cash, has gone from -£313 million in 2018 to -£622 million in 2022.

Shareholders’ equity has fallen from £448 million in 2013 to £128 million in 2022.

Since 2012, Net interest expense has totaled £289 million.

I agree that the Glazers aren’t going anywhere, but this is a club that has seriously deteriorated financially.

1 Like

Inject Fran Healy GIF by Travis

1 Like

Oh, no doubt. But if ManU fans think that flows like that are going to make the Glazers panic, they are delusional. Those guys cut their teeth on distressed Florida commercial real estate.

1 Like

What it also means is that they can’t keep doing this forever. The CL will mean another £60 million + into their coffers. Best way to hasten their decline is keeping them out of the top four.

I think the CL revenue is actually secondary to the slow grinding down of their commercial revenue profile. They are still trading on past glories (and a huge fanbase), and getting into the CL refreshes that at least a little.

That said, the repeated problems with their players could catch up with them in that forum as well.

2 Likes

15 years from now , if United go down this route , they’ll lose a lot of fanbase as well.

Because Utd would pay them double.

They’ve actually reworked their salary charts (post signing of Sancho)

They can’t give more than what we would offer now.