Those jammy fuckers down the M62

60m per year. What are we getting (sans shirt cut)? And does anyone know what we’ve actually getting Inc shirt sales in last reported annual report Fins?

Not sure. The deal up to this year with Standard Chartered was I think around £40m and the new deal from this year slated to be around £50m.

I don’t know how the terms of each detail compare, or with the Utd deal.

3 Likes

Yep - I guess even when everything’s on fire, any sponsorship is good sponsorship.

Manchester United are still a bigger brand world wide than Liverpool and probably any other club barring Real and Barca. If that’s what the glazers are looking at , long may they be at the helm.

3 Likes

Well we all know that city is the illegitimate top earner.

1 Like

Can only be because they think they can get more tomorrow, metaphorically speaking.

1 Like

And what is 60 million per year when they are just liable to waste it on tripe like Maguire , Sancho , Antony , Pogba , Martial , Mount … ?

1 Like

About 11" on the horn, 7 on the flop.

I’ll get me coat…

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me really it’s not going be used well.

And as others have said the difference between ours and there’s in the market figures is small.

Who’s paying 65m for Sancho ? United will do well to set a fee of 35m.

Sancho can still go to a club for a reasonable 150k per week salary and United are bound to pay the other 200k per week to him for ending the contract early.

More to the point, who will pay Sancho £300K+ now? I am quite sure he is willing to leave, but at that £65m number, it would cost him somewhere around £175k/week to do it. That’s why the Dortmund rumour was so laughable - they quite literally could not afford him on a free.

jeezus christ, that fucking manc keeper did a number on Paul Mullin didn’t he

1 Like

Dear Mrs Maguire,

We at The Anfield noise are saddened to hear of the abuse your son takes,

but dont fear, your Harry still has our full support over here at The Anfiled Noise,

We wish him a long playing career an Man Utd, and hope he plays many more games at Utd

remember…

always look on the bright side of the life…

Bonus.

8 Likes

I don’t get this. Getting criticised for being shite is one of the few avenues for humour we have left.

I just heard Simon Jordan’s take on this…

‘Show me the abuse. If you show me the abuse I will shut my trap. All I have seen are posts telling him he is an average defender, which I agree with. Am I not allowed to say that?’

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Then they played a soundbite of Ashley Young saying he is a fantastic defender…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Odd timing for a robust defence of ol’ Slabhead after that great stretch to finish for Scotland

I haven’t got a clue what he earns, but I would imagine something like £10M a year.

I look at the player and think he’s crap! But the fact is most would-be hopeful footballers, including myself for a brief moment when I played county and thought you never know, don’t even make it into the professional game, much less the Premier League, much less an £80M move to the likes of Man Utd.

Obviously they overpaid, and obviously Maguire is limited, but this is a nothing burger.

Maguire will know he’s no Beckenbauer. But he will also know he got much further in the game than 99%+ of his detractors, and barring some stupid moves, he will be financially set for life.

I doubt he cries himself to sleep at night.

2 Likes

Actually, I think he absolutely thinks he is which forms part of the problem with him. He plays as if he’s unaware of his limitations and so doesn’t adapt to them.

2 Likes