Those jammy fuckers down the M62

All of the above

Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

Steve McClaren is there :joy:

Makes perfect sense :rofl:

Only under BR, we played some of the best football weā€™ve ever seen. Yes it ultimately failed but he did get us playing like Brazil in their pomp.

1 Like

He had the benefit of a generational talent like Suarez. I am not sure how much of the credit for our attacking style Rodgers deserves given what we have seen from his teams over the past decade. If Ten Hag had a Suarez, he would probably be looking pretty good right now too.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not buying the idea that 2013/14 was all Suarez, so Iā€™ll always appreciate and give credit to Rodgers for a lot of that season. The way he brought through Sterling, when lots were saying he needed a loan, was really good. The switch to 442 diamond, moving Gerrard to DM to be a playmaker, his use of Hendersonā€™s engine in midfield, using Flanagan off the left etc. all really good

I think what 13/14 and the subsequent year showed was that a) Rodgers was good at riding momentum, but the corollary of that was that he found it hard to arrest a decline, and b) there was a bullshit element to him and player just got sick of him, and his nonsense (I think the same happened at Leicester and Celtic as well)

I think that is something he also shares with Ten Hag. Especially the bullshit thing. Good god is Eric full of it

2 Likes

Can I think about that? I may need some time. I have conflicting thoughts.

ā€œFred is shitā€
ā€œFred is better than our other shitā€
ā€œFred is shitā€
And so on.

Yeah okay Rio, thatā€™s the only reason :roll_eyes:

Everyone who said Amrabat is a poor choice is being proven correct

3 Likes

I dunno what ā€œThreadsā€ is, but Iā€™m already a fan.

Everyone in TAN then.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be a bit pissed like but donā€™t teams tend to have rest days or at least would train in the afternoon.

The lad is a young guy, if he went out and let his hair down fair enough.

The fact they couldnā€™t guarantee that lad first team football considering their squad is laughable.

Some teams wouldnā€™t but Man Utd are not the kind of team to be strict about this.

1 Like

He didnā€™t ask for starting spot guarantee. Youā€™re right, it should have been obvious that heā€™d get up to speed very quickly.

He is 26, Rashford should be entering his professional prime. The fact that he was out late after a derby loss is a real sign that staying at ManU was a serious career mistake. I donā€™t condemn him for it, but it is a compelling indication of where that teamā€™s mentality is now.

3 Likes

Agree with the rest of your quote but not this bit. Itā€™s unprofessional and, regardless of the setup, he shouldnā€™t be doing this.

Itā€™s his birthday today or yesterday - it was his birthday weekend, either way.

Teach these lads to behave like robots in pursuit of efficacy and weā€™ll see how fun the game is in 20 years. Might as well just watch FIFA simulations.

3 Likes

I mean as a fan.

If we had been shit the day before but it probably helps.

We are also going of information from some bloke on threads.

Apparently it was a birthday party that had been planned for him by some mates. He reported to training on time as usual.

Iā€™m not a Rashford fan (haha @Mascot), but thereā€™s nothing to really be upset at him for here, aside from the fact that his form has been abysmal since February, for which he earns my praise.

I completely forgot Amrabat had signed for them. This just gets better and better.

Sweet GIF

1 Like