Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Goldbridge calling for Onana to be dropped

1 Like
1 Like

Can’t bring myself to go in there to look, but it would be interesting to see how Red Cafes infamous boom/bust cycle thread is looking.
Karma that just as I predicted in 2013, when Taggart threw them under the bus, they are going to experience an entire generation of fans who’ve never seen a league title win

We know things take a while to reach the antipodes, but there is no way that ad is from 2001 - probably 1980s, perhaps 1990.

Edit: Yes early 80s. A very successful campaign:

1 Like

it reminds me a little of the Ki-Ora adverts in the UK during the 80’s

3 Likes

What about Um Bongo?

Um Bongo, Um Bongo, dey drink it in de Congo

Racist as. Still, but o’ nostalgia, eh?

Incredibly racist in that Beano sort of way and yet it is literally impossible that when my brain hears “dey drink it in the congo” to not reflexively continue “a hippo took an apricot, a guava and a mango.”

I preferred Moonshine though. It looks pretty weird but it tastes just fine. Yeeehaaaw. Amazingly, Pims blackberry is not too far off what I remember :joy:

1 Like

The Python picked a passion fruit, the marmoset a mandarin….

“I’ll be your dog.’ Fun fact, the fella who did the deep voice in the Kia Ora advert was at Uni with me back in the day. He was a mature student and had been a professional musician in the Streatham area in London.

Kia Ora. And Um Bongo for that matter. I’m transported back in time instantly, doing the songs. Casually racist and cringey looking back, but that’s how life was.

As for ETH, to keep the thread on track, he’s on thin ice, but I don’t think anything will happen to him until Sir Jim is in situ and they assess everything properly, otherwise they just discard another manager with no real plan on how to fix it.

Does he support Streatham Rovers FC?

I used to have a friend who organized these bar crawl events, typically themed requiring people to dress up in costumes. I hate that sort of “organized” fun so generally avoided them, but made a very sharp turn away from ever associating with it after seeing the promotion for their “ugga booga spear chucker bar crawl”

:expressionless:

Double Take Idk GIF by Laff

He’s not a big fan of the footy.

Donny van de Beek will join Frankfurt in January.

1 Like

Who the fuck is that?

I’d heard rumors of his existence, but…

Van de Beek is an awful footballer.

One of those players that had every excuse under the sun made for him as to why he couldn’t get a game at United (and Everton, lol)

Watch him play for 10 minutes and it was clear why he wasn’t playing. Absolute carthorse.

They spent 45M on that carthorse. Just in case you’d forgotten.

Yeah, overrated player, I felt so even back at Ajax. Didn’t rate him at Frenkie’s level when they were both put in the same bracket. Will end up like Klaassen or similar. If he’s lucky.

1 Like

Even Everton won’t take Van de Beek back.

1 Like

Fantastic headline.

3 Likes