Those jammy fuckers down the M62

I do find this a bit odd.

What exactly?

Just that a 25% ownership means you pretty much control the entire meaning of a football club.

Anyhow wary of joint ownership.

1 Like

I doubt this investment will help them. They have FFP issues and a bad culture, and a bad culture is hard to change.

70m on Hojlund to be left stranded with no service.

100m on Antony…for seemingly no reason beyond he can curl a ball in like Robben sporadically

A starting CB pairing of Jonny flapping Evans and Kamgwala.

A midfield paring of Mainoo and McTom.

Somehow this is one of the most expensive squads in history, yet is filled to the brim with sacrificial academy players, no-talent has-beens and players that think they are world class because they make 200k p/w.

Remember when we started this season with the news that we were signing Evans purely so he could train with us so he could find some championship/league 1 team? NINE GOD DAMN GAMES in our first team.

We’ve ingrained in the squad that if you hang around long enough, you can outlive any manager. And then you’ll get a 200k contract. If ETH gets the sack it will a combo of some dumb decisions on his part (antony being the biggest one) and this club just not giving a flap about being a football club. We have sacked the “old legends” in LVG and Jose. We tried the SAF pick and flopped hard, we’ve now tried the “up and coming talent” and it’s THE SAME DAMN THING. It’s always the same. The football never looks any different when it all goes tits up.

But hey don’t worry…some british guy is going to buy 25% of the club. Solves everything.

Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Rather brilliant that Evans has not really brought the standard down, either.

Confirmed that we have another club owned by an oil-cunt.

Manchester United: Sir Jim Ratcliffe agrees deal to buy 25% stake for about ÂŁ1.25bn - Manchester United: Sir Jim Ratcliffe agrees deal to buy 25% stake for about ÂŁ1.25bn - BBC Sport

2 Likes

Sort of.

Feels odd as I said.

It’s a reflection of the fact the glazers don’t actually want to be responsible for anything. They were already happy to let someone else do it and in this deal they pocketed billions by getting someone to pay them for the responsibility of doing the work they have no interest in doing. It’s a massive win for them.

4 Likes

Ajax wouldn’t have ordinarily valued him at anything like the figure they got, but put a massive premium on him because of how late it was in the window and how much of their side had already been sold. It was kind of like a case of throwing out a silly number at utd to make them go away only for utd to agree to pay it

3 Likes

I think the money is going to pay out some of the Glazer siblings who wanted to sell their stake

1 Like

Goldbridge made this exact point. I agree completely.

‘Team is rubbish? That’s not us, blame that guy over there.’

It’s diabolical genius style.

Good for us. I mean them! Good for them!!

Also, good for us.

2 Likes

Already convincing themselves it’s a new golden era so expect pride before a fall.

Again?!?!

1 Like

I absolutely love this news and as a conclusion to this thread I could not have dreamed it would be this positive. We’re going to thrive from here and we’re doing it with a local owner. UTFR

I love this. Seems this poster is due a massive fall

Just great news. Finally Marcus can stop worrying about the “will they won’t they” Glazer storyline - 30 goals before June for sure! ETH will be able to stop spending hundreds of millions on shit players, and his coaching staff, in euphoric relief, will finally be able to tell the players how to pass the ball forward.

Gary will be delighted too. Great times.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Key question is where Mubbs is coming down on this issue

2 Likes

It remains to be seen what sort of control Sir Jim will have. If he is in charge of the football operations, it remains to be seen if he knows what he is doing. If he does, it will need numerous things to come together, working together, and over a period of time.

And then at that point, does he want more than 25%? Do the Glazers have an exit strategy? Will other investors come in?

There are so many things that could go wrong from this point on. They are not out of the woods, not by a long chalk.

We know he does. One of the bases of the deal is his agreement to work together for a period of time, to build value. We will see how that plays out. Both parties have a bit of a reputation for sharp elbows.

1 Like

A large part of Glaziers money came from the Oil biz. So United were always owned by oil cunts.

2 Likes